Is it harder to make the NFL than the NBA ?

Well, there's about 15 players per team in the NBA.
The NFL has what, 52?

I will say a lot of the football players that go to D1 schools are from Texas, California, etc..so if you don't live in that area and it's not ascompetitive you might not get noticed. The football scouts are usually down there unless you completely stand out from the rest of the crowd..

I know this is not what you asked..but, trying to get to D1 basketball is easier than trying to get to D1 football I think

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

i would say NBA just because a team has only 15 roster spots...

Similar to what I was thinking... NBA might be a bit more difficult simply due to fewer roster spots. Although the position an athlete plays might influencehow difficult it is.

Basketball by faaaar. Euros, south americans, africans, etc all play. Good tall athletes are rarer too. Workout warriors have a chance to play football,basketball players need sooooo much skill.

plus in football you dont necessarily need to be as much of an all around player, u can just do a specific role

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

plus in football you dont necessarily need to be as much of an all around player, u can just do a specific role
+1

Yea rite.
laugh.gif

Put it this way, 18 year old hs graduates make it to the NBA and some put up sick numbers.

I say NBA is easier to make than the NFL

def harder to make the NA. How many 6'4 315lb players you see in the NBA. That and you see a few former college bball players end up playing TE in theleague. It almost never goes the other way.

Basketball requires you to have a ton of skill that is only made over long periods of time and work. Football you can just be an athletic freak and make it.Baseball might be harder than both though, considering how hard it is to hit a baseball.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Yea rite.
laugh.gif

Put it this way, 18 year old hs graduates make it to the NBA and some put up sick numbers.

im gonna agree with this guy
laugh.gif

and you dont need to have all around skill in the nba unless you are a shooting guard. look at all the 7 foot useless players that are always in the league.they serve one purpose only.
it might be easier to be drafted into the NFL but its not easier to get and maintain spot on a team.

nfl athletes are the greatest all around athletes on the planet. dont get confused just because antonio gates played college basketball.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

I will say a lot of the football players that go to D1 schools are from Texas, California, etc..so if you don't live in that area and it's not as competitive you might not get noticed. The football scouts are usually down there unless you completely stand out from the rest of the crowd..

I know this is not what you asked..but, trying to get to D1 basketball is easier than trying to get to D1 football I think
I take it youve never heard of recruiting services?

i completely agree..think about it..in the NBA u dont need to be as athletic ..even if u are undersized..but in the NFL..if u undersized U HAVETO BE ATHLETIC..no if ands buts about it..even the o line dudes are hella athletic

I'd say NFL, so many more positions..and there's always players taken high in the draft from school's you've never heard of in your life

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Yea rite.
laugh.gif

im gonna agree with this guy
laugh.gif

and you dont need to have all around skill in the nba unless you are a shooting guard. look at all the 7 foot useless players that are always in the league. they serve one purpose only.
it might be easier to be drafted into the NFL but its not easier to get and maintain spot on a team.

nfl athletes are the greatest all around athletes on the planet. dont get confused just because antonio gates played college basketball.
laugh.gif

Of course you are going to agree with him. However, the fact that there are some 18 year old prodigies out there does not mean it is easier to make it to theNBA. Actually, it makes it harder, since there is even less room for those who aren't naturally unbelievably gifted. People citing 7 footers who areunskilled are ridiculous as well, since that proves you have to be a freak of nature to succeed in the NBA without talent. You can't tell me every specialteams player in the league is an extraordinary athlete or a skilled machine, but even if you maintain that they are, you have to admit that there are many morespots available than in the NBA. In the NBA, I'd say at most 25 rookies per year end up contributing to their teams. The number has to be higher in theNFL.

Yea rite.
laugh.gif

jamon now, those kids are few and far between.
laugh.gif

15 man roster/more diverse game internationally makes it tougher than making the nfl IMO. 52 man roster, practice squad, stricktly national game. nba istougher by far

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

Originally Posted by JPZx

I will say a lot of the football players that go to D1 schools are from Texas, California, etc..so if you don't live in that area and it's not as competitive you might not get noticed. The football scouts are usually down there unless you completely stand out from the rest of the crowd..

I take it youve never heard of recruiting services?
Nope fill me in..

NFL, football not only takes athleticism, strength agility etc. but also toughness and tenacity. A rookie in the NFL is more likely to get there %#*+! owned onthe first day of training camp than an NBA player. And Football is way more physical than Basketball. Both sports are contact sports, but Football is acollision sport. In basketball, you must be conditioned well, athletic, polished etc. But in football you have to be strong, agile, athletic, conditioned andpolished.

To make it to the NBA is a lot harder
There is a lot of skilled dudes, but you have to be extra special to get noticed.

NFL
Four decent years; have a good combine and your in.

I've played with kids who are projected to go to the NFL that I think are decent at best.
But I also know a few guys who have balled out in high school in basketball, but are stuck at D3 schools.

Just harder to get noticed. Then again I'm in a football state. Florida FTW

Ill say the road to the NFL is longer, but the challenges that you have to face when trying to make it to the NBA are harder...IMO

Originally Posted by SrxKrooklyn

I've played with kids who are projected to go to the NFL that I think are decent at best.
But I also know a few guys who have balled out in high school in basketball, but are stuck at D3 schools.
D3 players are not great players, no matter how they "balled out" in high school.

the nfl is the only league where guys who have little to no experience in said sport are recruited or play.

not to mention players suddenly changing positions from college to the pros.

Back
Top Bottom