Is it harmful to keep your phone on your lap?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is it harmful at all to hold your phone on your lap (while driving, etc)? I remember hearing that you shouldn't keep your laptop directly on your lap because it's bad for your balls. The main reason I keep my phone there is because I listen to music all the way turnt up in my car.

Thanks
glasses.gif

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is it harmful at all to hold your phone on your lap (while driving, etc)? I remember hearing that you shouldn't keep your laptop directly on your lap because it's bad for your balls. The main reason I keep my phone there is because I listen to music all the way turnt up in my car.

Thanks
glasses.gif

Only when you forget it's there when you get out of the car and you see your phone crashing on the pavement.

Only when you forget it's there when you get out of the car and you see your phone crashing on the pavement.

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Exactly why you shouldn't keep your phone ON your lap, but rather UNDER your leg. Still feel it vibrate, it doesn't accidentally slide around and fall under the seat, and if you get up forgetting your phone isn't in your pocket, it's right there for you in the seat.

Exactly why you shouldn't keep your phone ON your lap, but rather UNDER your leg. Still feel it vibrate, it doesn't accidentally slide around and fall under the seat, and if you get up forgetting your phone isn't in your pocket, it's right there for you in the seat.

Yes. having a cell phone on your body is dangerous period. People worried about radiation from Japan when it's coming right from your phone bouncing between satellites and other relays. Look into getting a diode to put on your phone to balance and change the direction of the em fields around your body.
Esp in a car. When a car is in motion it becomes charged. Someone did a post on it a while ago. I'll look for it. 

I've read studies that say sperm counts are reduced when your cell is near your family jewels. I have a stand for my iphone that hooks on the to the car air vents.

iphone-car-mount-fin.jpg

I've read studies that say sperm counts are reduced when your cell is near your family jewels. I have a stand for my iphone that hooks on the to the car air vents.

iphone-car-mount-fin.jpg

Yes. having a cell phone on your body is dangerous period. People worried about radiation from Japan when it's coming right from your phone bouncing between satellites and other relays. Look into getting a diode to put on your phone to balance and change the direction of the em fields around your body.
Esp in a car. When a car is in motion it becomes charged. Someone did a post on it a while ago. I'll look for it. 

Originally Posted by Hizzle

eek.gif

eek.gif
pimp.gif

NT is life-changing. So simple, yet so effective. And yeah, I have dropped my phone a few times because I forgot it was there.

And thanks for the info, Wr.

eek.gif

eek.gif
pimp.gif

NT is life-changing. So simple, yet so effective. And yeah, I have dropped my phone a few times because I forgot it was there.

And thanks for the info, Wr.

laugh.gif

I put my phone in the door handle.

laugh.gif

I put my phone in the door handle.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]learned to do this the hard way.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]learned to do this the hard way.[/color]

yahoo news article
cellphone-radiation.jpg

Why Your Cell Phone s Dangerous 

Like her sister, Kourtney Kardashian uses her Twitter account to invite fans even deeper into her life than on Keeping Up With The Kardashians and even Kourtney and Kim Take New York.She also regularly posts adorable uploads of her son, Mason, and hawks products like QuickTrim and her own DASH Collection. In fact, it seems like the reality star might be a little addicted to her phone.

Related: Go behind the scenes at Brooklyn Decker's cover shoot!

Today, she posted: KourtneyKardash "Does anyone else get scared that being on their phones too much or sleeping with your phone near u is so bad? Or am I paranoid?"

You're not the only one who's concerned, Kourtney--there are studies that link cell phone radiation to everything from heart irregularities to brain tumors, and physicists who say it's impossible for cell phones to cause such ailments because they simply don't emit enough energy. To stay safe rather than sorry, we've got tips from Devra Davis, Ph.D., author of the new book Disconnect: The Truth About Cell Phone Radiation, What the Industry Has Done to Hide It, and How to Protect Your Family, and founder of the Environmental Health Trust in Wyoming.

1. Don't shove your cell phone into your sports bra (or keep it pressed against your body, period).
Davis has been contacted by several doctors who have diagnosed breast cancer in women who tuck their cell into their "girls" while they work out. Coincidence? Maybe. But the fact is that the closer the phone is to your body, the more radiation you're being exposed to. If you must carry it this way, put it on "airplane mode."

Related: Is Everyone Else Really Happier Than You?

2. Children should not use cell phones.
Young children have thinner skulls and undeveloped brains, so cell phone radiation may more easily penetrate their brains. Carrying a kid? Make sure the phone isn't pressed against their body, and consider sending a text rather than making a call. In fact, whenever possible, it's a good idea text rather than actually talking on your cell.

3. Float the phone.
According to Davis, most of us don't read the fine print in our cell phone manuals, but they do recommend holding the phone away from our heads, rather than pressed up against our ears.The waves are one-quarter the strength at two inches and 50 times lower at three feet (hello, speakerphone!).

Related: Five Ways to Learn to Love Yoga

4. Be antenna aware.
If you must carry your phone in your pocket, or anywhere else on your body, make sure the keypad is turned toward you, says Davis. By positioning the antenna this way, any electromagnetic fields are moving away from you rather than through you. Check out Davis' Campaign for Safer Cell Phones for more information about how to protect yourself.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/why-your-cell-phone-is-dangerous-2447500

[h1]
[/h1]

yahoo news article
cellphone-radiation.jpg

Why Your Cell Phone s Dangerous 

Like her sister, Kourtney Kardashian uses her Twitter account to invite fans even deeper into her life than on Keeping Up With The Kardashians and even Kourtney and Kim Take New York.She also regularly posts adorable uploads of her son, Mason, and hawks products like QuickTrim and her own DASH Collection. In fact, it seems like the reality star might be a little addicted to her phone.

Related: Go behind the scenes at Brooklyn Decker's cover shoot!

Today, she posted: KourtneyKardash "Does anyone else get scared that being on their phones too much or sleeping with your phone near u is so bad? Or am I paranoid?"

You're not the only one who's concerned, Kourtney--there are studies that link cell phone radiation to everything from heart irregularities to brain tumors, and physicists who say it's impossible for cell phones to cause such ailments because they simply don't emit enough energy. To stay safe rather than sorry, we've got tips from Devra Davis, Ph.D., author of the new book Disconnect: The Truth About Cell Phone Radiation, What the Industry Has Done to Hide It, and How to Protect Your Family, and founder of the Environmental Health Trust in Wyoming.

1. Don't shove your cell phone into your sports bra (or keep it pressed against your body, period).
Davis has been contacted by several doctors who have diagnosed breast cancer in women who tuck their cell into their "girls" while they work out. Coincidence? Maybe. But the fact is that the closer the phone is to your body, the more radiation you're being exposed to. If you must carry it this way, put it on "airplane mode."

Related: Is Everyone Else Really Happier Than You?

2. Children should not use cell phones.
Young children have thinner skulls and undeveloped brains, so cell phone radiation may more easily penetrate their brains. Carrying a kid? Make sure the phone isn't pressed against their body, and consider sending a text rather than making a call. In fact, whenever possible, it's a good idea text rather than actually talking on your cell.

3. Float the phone.
According to Davis, most of us don't read the fine print in our cell phone manuals, but they do recommend holding the phone away from our heads, rather than pressed up against our ears.The waves are one-quarter the strength at two inches and 50 times lower at three feet (hello, speakerphone!).

Related: Five Ways to Learn to Love Yoga

4. Be antenna aware.
If you must carry your phone in your pocket, or anywhere else on your body, make sure the keypad is turned toward you, says Davis. By positioning the antenna this way, any electromagnetic fields are moving away from you rather than through you. Check out Davis' Campaign for Safer Cell Phones for more information about how to protect yourself.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/why-your-cell-phone-is-dangerous-2447500

[h1]
[/h1]

the electromagnetic radiation levels from a cell phone is whats been called into question these days. numerous studies say theres a cancer risk, while the same number if not more saying otherwise. fact: any electronic devices emits em radiation. we are bombarded with em radiation daily. so its up to you how you use this info...
ohwell.gif

the electromagnetic radiation levels from a cell phone is whats been called into question these days. numerous studies say theres a cancer risk, while the same number if not more saying otherwise. fact: any electronic devices emits em radiation. we are bombarded with em radiation daily. so its up to you how you use this info...
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom