[| -- Is it just me or was this the WORST NBA ALL STAR WEEKEND since who knows what ???? -- |]

this weekend was pretty bad. i dont think it will be good until it reaches a major city, like l.a., ny, or chicago
the playoffs need to get here quick

yuku ftl again
smh.gif

the 3pt contest was boring and i used to love it, the dunk contest has been average for the last 2 years at least, only good thing was durant winning therookie/soph mvp

as for the game itself, i said it last year, this game is really missing something without people like vince and tmac

not gonna lie, i was twisted and went crazy last year when dwight just threw the ball in
laugh.gif

but this weekend sucked

Originally Posted by DMan14

^ or winner take all in terms of prize money?

overall, pretty bad weekend

rookie v. soph was the most entertaining

horse, or g-e-i-c-o needs a lot of tweaking
shooting stars contest is what it is. something for the wnba
skills challenge had guys in slow-mo and seemed like they didnt give a *$*+
3pt contest wasnt any better since half the guys aren't really good shooters
dunk contest was predictable with dwight and nate going to finals and the judging was turrrible
ASG got out of hand in the second half, not much highlights

gotta agree with everything but i really enjoyed the horse competition

not just cause im from Dallas but because Cube's and Jerry Jones have said they want it to be the biggest all star game ever, and its going to be a weeklong worth of festivities not just a weekend.

Originally Posted by DMan14

^ or winner take all in terms of prize money?

overall, pretty bad weekend

rookie v. soph was the most entertaining

horse, or g-e-i-c-o needs a lot of tweaking
shooting stars contest is what it is. something for the wnba
skills challenge had guys in slow-mo and seemed like they didnt give a *$*+
3pt contest wasnt any better since half the guys aren't really good shooters
dunk contest was predictable with dwight and nate going to finals and the judging was turrrible
ASG got out of hand in the second half, not much highlights

co-sign
ohwell.gif
it was very disappointing

foreal not much jaw dropping stuff, it was entertaining don't get me wrong
but not as entertaining as years past

TheHealthInspector wrote:

as for the game itself, i said it last year, this game is really missing something without people like vince and tmac
Sad but true.
eyes.gif

They need to do these things to bring the ASG back to relevance:
Put THE BEST OF THE BEST IN THE 3PT CONTEST!!!(Dirk, Ray, Peja, only past winners)
put 3 legends and 3 players in h-o-r-s-e, people will drop like flies lol, also more props in the competition
Put STARS in the dunk contest. LeBron is a start
COMPLETELY OVERHAUL THE SKILLS CHALLENGE, MAYBE LIKE TEAM RELAY RACES?lol just a thought

PUT HOME COURT ON THE LINE IN THE ASG, JUST LIKE BASEBALL, MAKE THE PLAYERS TAKE IT SERIOUSLY, ALSO A CASH BONUS TO WINNERS

plusses this weekend:
Rookie/Soph
H-O-R-S-E (JUICE!)
kENNY AND c-wEBB HELD IT DOWN W/O cHUCK, THEY WERE FUNNIER THAN EXPECTED

but uhh.... we need chuck back, he'll tell Reggi Miller to %$#!, AND FIRE GARY PAYTON PLEASE!!!!

O yea also stop scripting the gd dunk contest!!!!!Rudy Fernandez should've at least been in the finals

I agree, although I did enjoy watching all the events...it wasn't as good as I thought it was. Vegas and New Orleans were straight crack but Pheonix...Idon't know...people were hyping up Kobe/Shaq/Phil reunion again and all week long they were talking about Terry Porter and Amar'e possibly gettingtraded...Pheonix didn't do well in terms of hyping up the whole event.

I think Oakland and New York ASG was prolly top 2 in last 10 years or so.

The entire Sat night was mad boring...3 pt shootout had almost no drama and the dunk contest was boring overall. And the actual game was not noteworthy. Iprobably won't remember anything about this weekend.

Originally Posted by parasight21

I agree, although I did enjoy watching all the events...it wasn't as good as I thought it was. Vegas and New Orleans were straight crack but Pheonix...I don't know...people were hyping up Kobe/Shaq/Phil reunion again and all week long they were talking about Terry Porter and Amar'e possibly getting traded...Pheonix didn't do well in terms of hyping up the whole event.

I think Oakland and New York ASG was prolly top 2 in last 10 years or so.
the NO one was fun but there were too many goons out. i read an article saying crime/violence escalated so much during AS weekend.

The least exciting one I can remember watching..
Rudy's 2nd dunk had me a little
eek.gif
he got cheated

If they do the "skills competition" one more year
indifferent.gif

Rook/soph was decent
ohwell.gif

The biggest deal of the weekend was probably a haircut..

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I swear you guys hype this weekend up every year and it's almost always lame.
i swear you should stay out of NBA threads if you don't like the NBA...

Back
Top Bottom