Is it me or at every job, there is that one person that is broke as a joke. They tend to be extra fr

My question to you guys, is how do you tell them in a nice way, that you don't feel like lending them money. That you know you're not going to see again.

Cause every time i get my check back they take out taxes and other fees and i don't feel like adding a coworker fee on here as well.

Tip on Co worker he is going through a second marriage, talks about child support and how he doesn't have money for lunch.

Meanwhile out of the kindness of my heart i drove him to the train station twice which is slightly off my direction.

wth where do you work?

are you in a career field or is this some BS hrly time clock work?

Hourly time clock job. i just have a feeling next week hes going to follow me where ever i go for lunch and try to ask me to buy his lunch and thats when im gonna tell him im sorry boss but all i have is ten bucks

Hourly time clock job. i just have a feeling next week hes going to follow me where ever i go for lunch and try to ask me to buy his lunch and thats when im gonna tell him im sorry boss but all i have is ten bucks

you dont owe him anything i dont get it

tell him **** your face, are you friends with him outside work so you feel kinda bad for him?

what is the discussion here?

Last edited:
the issue is we talk at work cause theirs alot of down time but every now and again hell drop a hint that hes money issues and i tell him i have money problems as well. that's why everyone works to pay bills and buy things they like or necessities. but i know hes going to try to ask me either in a sneaky way or hes gonna try to be bold and ask me directly. probably might say. yo i been meaning to ask you for a personal favor can you spot me 20.00 till iget my next check and ill pay you back? im already putting on my a game to shoot him down.

at work hes helpful but if choose not to help me because i wouldn't give him a piece of the pie so be it.

Not normal

My company uses direct deposit for every check aside from the first one so if a situation like this comes up, I'll just say I only carry credit cards, which is true

You shouldn't even talk about finances with coworkers IMO

Last edited:
I work retail too and when customers complain (wait in line too long for example) I tell em you arent the only one waiting.

In that regard, tell him hes not the only one paying bills.

I've noticed that people interact with their friends differently. My friends and I

are honest with each other at all times. If any of them asked me for money

once and they were really down I'd give it to them and until they gave it back

would never give them another cent. I'm not their parent and would tell them

that. Like others are saying, I don't see the issue. Man up. No need to make

an excuse like "i only have ___" or whatever either.

View media item 820052

Last edited:
That being said, if hes actually struggling, I woudnt necessarily lend him money but id buy him lunch every now and then.

This never has happen to me.

When I was younger worked retail starting out, I used to lend (or give) a couple of my homies a few dollars here and here (for lunch, vending machine, etc) , at most $10. And 90% got paid back.

OP you have a big heart, and I can relate. I'm constantly having battles with myself for having such a giving personality but don't be upset at the way God made you.

But as a man dude has to learn to stop asking for favors so much and try to do for himself more. You might have to tell him off and it's probably going to hurt him and you as well but he'll thank you later on for it.

Don't give that ***** ****

Back
Top Bottom