Is it ok to ask a cop to see his radar?

Originally Posted by Rawk On

Honestly i think "calling for backup", in some cases, is just a way of rounding up their cop buddies so they have something to do when they're bored and in the area.
That's what I'd do if I were a cop

DWA
smh.gif
/sarcasm.

I drive a 2009 Honda Civic, so I know EXACTLY how fast I'm going.

i wonder if the ticket prices are the same as if i was driving on the regular streets.. i heard tickets are usually $10 for every mph over you go over thespeed limit.. hopefully campus prices are cheaper. might appeal also and hope he doesnt show up

One time they pulled me over a cop went around and stood by my passenger window while the other spoke to me through the drivers side. This is funny considering i'm a 20 year old white hispanic chick who could not look any more preppy if i tried, and i was alone in the car. Did they think i was hiding a gun in my boobage or something?
mad.gif
They were nice about the whole thing though, and didn't give me the ticket
happy.gif
so i should have asked...

Honestly i think "calling for backup", in some cases, is just a way of rounding up their cop buddies so they have something to do when they're bored and in the area.

Am I the only one who is interested in a pic after reading this?
nerd.gif

yes you can ask
yes you should ask
and even if it says you were speeding, its up to the officer to present the police stations bi-month calibration test to prove the radar is correct....

good luck bro...

Dirtylicious wrote:
..argue the ticket in the court... not the side of the road.

Bingo!

1. Bring a copy of your driving record (unless it sucks)

2. Ask for proof that the gun was properly calibrated

3. Ask for verification the officer is licensed properly to use the speed gun (because they are required to be trained)

*oh and on the scene if you ask to see that radar gun and you speed is flashing then you can deny that speed because it wasnt locked in*

this thread is interesting but I want to know more about this calibration thing...

the radar guns that you guys are talking about, are those the guns that officers use to see how fast you're going when they're hiding behind billboardsand stuff?

what does it mean when its calibrated and what does it mean when its not calibrated??

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

One time they pulled me over a cop went around and stood by my passenger window while the other spoke to me through the drivers side. This is funny considering i'm a 20 year old white hispanic chick who could not look any more preppy if i tried, and i was alone in the car. Did they think i was hiding a gun in my boobage or something?
mad.gif
They were nice about the whole thing though, and didn't give me the ticket
happy.gif
They just wanted to both look at your boobs to see if you were free pass worthy.
word. Pics of said boobage?
Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Invest in a radar detector.

P.S. is there anything that can detect police presence?
nerd.gif
my friends dad is a cop and he says these are useles,, be cause as long as the gun isnt being used to actively measure someones speed, thedetector cant sense it. Youre better off savin that money to pay the ticket youll get anyway

Originally Posted by KL9

DWA
smh.gif
/sarcasm.

Yeah so does everyone around you, that digital speedo is BRIGHT
laugh.gif
. I canalways see how fast a civics going through their window.

Originally Posted by KICKS OFF

he called for backup while writing my ticket. not saying racism, but two white cops and i'm asian
laugh.gif

Enough karate chops to take out two cops. Nah, just take the L. I've got hit with the DWM a few times (driving while minority).

backup probably wasn't called, when a police pulls you over they call it in so the other police was probably bored and decided to come on his own. generalpolice rule is 2 is better than 1.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

One time they pulled me over a cop went around and stood by my passenger window while the other spoke to me through the drivers side. This is funny
considering i'm a 20 year old white hispanic chick who could not look any more preppy if i tried, and i was alone in the car. Did they think i was hiding
a gun in my boobage or something?
mad.gif
They were nice about the whole thing
though, and didn't give me the ticket
happy.gif
They just wanted to both look at your boobs to see if you were free pass worthy.

precisely, or to get away from the traffic side

if anthing talk to the prosecutor and see if u can get a lesser charge, with no points, with higher fine if u do get SOL with the radar thing
ive done this a few times

get a radar detector too, might save ya once in awhile

i was on the turnpike doin 80 in the left lane, dude was right on my tail and i couldnt even tell if it was a cop but I was just outy n not payin attention,then my radar detector started goin off like crazy and i slammed on the brakes,
next thing u see if dude behind me swerve mad hard out the way and drive past my on my right...

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Originally Posted by KL9

DWA
smh.gif
/sarcasm.

Yeah so does everyone around you, that digital speedo is BRIGHT
laugh.gif
. I can always see how fast a civics going through their window.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Aint that bad...
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by iShMiKeYaHeArD

got pulled over by campus police today because he said i was going 35 in a 20...i know i wasnt going 35 in a 20 but i just accepted the ticket. not only did he give me a ticket, he called for backup while writing my ticket. not saying racism, but two white cops and i'm asian

I had the EXACT same thing happen when I was in school (except I'm not Asian).
Pulled over for going 28 in a 20 (seriously) by a campus cop, dude called for backup and Barney Fife stood on the other side of my car with his gun pulled andpointed at the ground with both hands (
eek.gif
) while the first guy wrote me up. Then, to top it off, the original officer asked me if I had a problem spelling my name when I tried to read the ticket before inking it
eek.gif
eek.gif

Dirtylicious wrote:
..argue the ticket in the court... not the side of the road.
The downside is that if you contest a ticket and it's not dismissed, you pay court costs as well. (At least in Ohio.)

I've gotten a ticket when the cop had no radar and no calibration...I tried to fight it in court, and I still lost. I guess the county and state reallyneed the money. I haven't heard of too many people winning in traffic court recently.

Back
Top Bottom