Is it possible to make a living working at the sneaker store??????

Naa, man. As other have stated, it's retail. With the Holiday season here, you'll be putting in like 50-60 hours a week. And it's stressful hours,too. That's not worth the $15 or so an hour you'd get.

When I was in retail back in the day, I got offered the management positions at both The Athlete's Foot and Best Buy (I worked at both at the time). Turned'em both down. I'm now making better money at a job I fully enjoy.
smile.gif

I used to be an assistant manger at FTL, and i can tell you alot of the Managers were making pretty good money, and the District manager was cakin. But I canalso tell you it ain't worth it. F that. You have to work damn near every day, most times open to close. Even on days off you gotta check on your storeor go to somebody else's audit. You barely get to take a break, let alone two breaks and a lunch. You have to eat mall food everyday, which after awhilestarts to make you sick. Jordan days, expect to work from around 6 am to close (about 10 or 10:30 pm depending on the size of the store and how busy you werethat day). Also not very good for a family man because you are not going to be bringing home enough money to make up for the time spent away from your family. Forgive me guys if I sound bitter. That isht sucked tho.
smh.gif

yeah,I know retail is a b****.I also heard too like anywhere else,if you put in that work in or got enough passion about it you can make the bread.My thing istoo I got enough bread stacked up not work for a while and if it doesn't work for me I can always go back to making good money and being board.Thats thegood thing about learning a trade.

Originally Posted by djryan614

I used to be an assistant manger at FTL, and i can tell you alot of the Managers were making pretty good money, and the District manager was cakin. But I can also tell you it ain't worth it. F that. You have to work damn near every day, most times open to close. Even on days off you gotta check on your store or go to somebody else's audit. You barely get to take a break, let alone two breaks and a lunch. You have to eat mall food everyday, which after awhile starts to make you sick. Jordan days, expect to work from around 6 am to close (about 10 or 10:30 pm depending on the size of the store and how busy you were that day). Also not very good for a family man because you are not going to be bringing home enough money to make up for the time spent away from your family. Forgive me guys if I sound bitter. That isht sucked tho.
smh.gif

Man thats how I work now in Heating/ac.The only thing missing is the 100 degree weather in an attic....

Back
Top Bottom