Is it possible to wash a pair of New Balance 992?

I have the classic grey suede 992s and want to know if I can stick them in the washer. They got pretty dirty so I used a suede cleaner and that only messedthem up more as it made the suede dark. Now there pretty much ruined anyways so Im seein if I can maybe ressurect them. Is this possible?

Scratch at them after they dry. They go back to the original color. Your from maryland, this should be common knowledge.

mine 24hours after a wash:

At $130, i'd try and salvage before buying another pair. The grey pair turns a dull shade when wet, the suede needs to be brushed after drying orthey'll remain that way.

I ruined a pair of 991 and 2000 in the washing machine,so i would say don't do it. I don't know how you normally clean your shoes, but put em in thekitchen sink with some regular washing detergent, and clean them like you would any other pair of sneakers. when they dry, use one those eraser and brush suedecleaners and they will look almost brand new.

Personally, I would advise to get rid of those heavy, uncomfortable beast and upgrade to some 993's, or search the bay for 991's

Back
Top Bottom