is it right to ask friends for GAS money?

Originally Posted by Jaehow

this thread is making me sad. I'm about to go on "The Mile Of Mustangs" cruise, from Sacramento CA to Knott's Berry Farm (Anaheim CA) A good 8-10 hour drive, including stops. I get <22mpg on the HIGHWAY!
30t6p3b.gif
You suck at driving. I make that drive every other week and I make it there in 6 hours
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

then again... maybe you are stopping alot for gas, I drive a '10 Camry, 31 MPG
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Azndood21

it doesn't necessarily have to be gas money. my friend drove me to the club which was pretty far and i got his cover.. just gotta show some type of appreciation

Pretty much. I hate driving so one of my boys usually does and I'll just pay for parking or their cover or something like that.

If they good friends nah I won't, but yeah if I gotta go outta the way for them better throw 5 on it son

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

If I offer the ride, I don't ask

If you're asking for a ride, I still dont ask...not from my friends

My friends will usually get me back in one way or another if they didnt offer gas money themselves in the first place

Pretty much, This.

When I was a little kid... not now though

If I were driving across state, I'd expect a close friend to offer something, but I'm not asking or worrying about it

If I offer to take someone in the direction I'm going anyway, I'm not asking for any GM

If someone asks me go take them somewhere, I expect they will compensate me

With some of my friends we dont worry about it either way, but when you have those petty ppl, gotta match em

I'd say somewhere close, don't need to give gas money, otherwise if it's pretty far I would chip in with the gas.

Man I would love $3.65 gas right now, 91 is like $4.50+ over here, $20 doesn't even give a quarter tank
sick.gif

I always offer gas money if I ask for a ride because I understand life. 
I wish I had the gif to express how I look at my "friends" when they ask for a ride and dont offer gas money. 
Asking for gas after offering to give a ride is equally appalling.. 

Unless its a long road trip.. 

Originally Posted by Vendetta

Originally Posted by Young Handsome

I ask for gas regardless... Gas prices lookin stupid right now pleighboi... $3.65 in my hood
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

3.65?
roll.gif
roll.gif
   Man that's cheap

Cheap as $%+@!
laugh.gif

But yeah. If I'm out of the way of the destination I'll kick in at least $5.

If my friend has the courtesy to drive me then I'll throw some cash for gas before they can ask

If they're dragging my $!% to some +#%* I don't wanna even go to then they can cover the gas though

Yeah, definitely wrong to ask for money, especially if they offered to drive.

Only situation where it would be accepted if those friends bothered one of the friends to drive knowing that person doesn't want to. 
laugh.gif

If it's somewhere I'm going anyway, I don't ask for gas bread

If I'm asked to take someone somewhere that I have no intentions or needs on going, I may or may not, depending on how the tank is looking and distance

Idk me and my boys never ask for gas money. unless its like someone is stuck or needs a ride for an odd reason but they would just throw you a dub for your time more than the gas.

Originally Posted by Vendetta

Originally Posted by Young Handsome

I ask for gas regardless... Gas prices lookin stupid right now pleighboi... $3.65 in my hood
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

3.65?
roll.gif
roll.gif
   Man that's cheap

+*@* that's what I filled up on e85.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

it depends...

if the ride is to the mall no

if the ride is to atlanta i don't think its crazy to ask for gas
Well this, too. But I mean.. I don't think anyone would expect a free road trip. Right?
laugh.gif

my cousin begged me to ride with her to st. louis, then proceeded to ask me for $200 for gas 
indifferent.gif

It depends. If someone ask for me to go with them somewhere I wouldn't give them any money because they asked. If It were me though then yes I would give then yes. I would not feel right about getting a ride from someone, putting them out of there way and taking up their time just to step out the car and say later.

gas is $4.15 for lowgrade here right now. Long distance trip hell yeah we all split gas but anything short its on you

If I offer the ride...then i wont ask for money.....but if im broke and they ask me for a ride...i will ask em

i got friends who always tell me to pay gas. %$%+ that i would rather drive myself than pay you 5 bucks to drive somewhere.
i got homies that out of no where be like yo i will give you 5 bucks doggie and im like #%++ aight cool, and than they tell me they don't have it and will give it to me later.

If your going on a roadtrip, yes. But if your driving for a half hour, thats a **** move.

must be young lads in this thread here. I'm 27 and would never ask any of my friends to pitch in for gas. As for roadtrips, it's basically implied everyone will be pitching in.

Back
Top Bottom