is it safe to buy warriors ticket thru craigslist?

i wouldve had a great deal.. sec 108 row 17 for 130 each.. i needed 2.. for the lakers game on the 24th of march.. but this guy seemed so fishy.. i just dontknow why but for some reason inside of me didnt want to buy the tickets even though i wanted to go to the game.. i asked him if he would do paypal but he saidhe has to charge me 300.. so i said lets just meet up.. but forreal.. there was something inside of me that didnt want to buy the tickets not unless its sentthru email.. anyways.. anybody ever bought tickets thru craigslist? plus i didnt want to worry about the tickets being fake or not when we get to the gates ofthe arena.. i hate being paranoid about things..

yeah just bought some for the portland game a while back but it was thru paypal. and if dude is a season ticket holder i don't see a problem with himemailing it to you so something's up. and not sure but if it's emailed don't the physical tickets become void? i'm guessing that's whatyou're paranoid about if that is true, if you do end up buying em just make sure to be there when they start letting people in.

that does seem sorta fishy. Why would he bump the ticket price all the way up to 300 w/paypal? Did he say if he was a season ticket holder or not? B/c if hewere to send them through warriors.com it's free of charge on their part. All he would need is your first and last name and your email. Once the ticketsare sent to you, the actual ticket becomes void.

^^ i dont remember him saying that he was a ticket holder.. all he said was paypal charges him.. and also he said that he sells ticket for a living.. so isorta passed on this one..

^^^ dont you think that the buyer would be a little paranoid because you want to meet face to face?

I have season tickets and sell through craigslist all the time. I have both emailed and met face to face and so far everything has been smooth. (knock on wood)If they email you the tickets the actual tickets do get voided. Good luck with that man because that lakers game is gonna be a good one especially since we gotthem the way we did the last time they came to oracle.
pimp.gif

hyphy101 wrote:
^^^ dont you think that the buyer would be a little paranoid because you want to meet face to face?

Meet up in a busy area during the day (like a Starbucks).
Thats how i attended the last LAL/GSW game.

^^^ i wasnt talking about the fact that it has to be in a low key place i was talking about how if the buyer might feel like the original tickets that you areselling to him are probably voided alreadys..

I've bought tickets from numerous people on there and have had no problems. Gotten some really good deals too. People get desperate closer to game time.

I've done a lot of transactions on craigslist for tickets and I haven't had any issues yet. You can find some pretty good deals closer to game daythough.

i've done that before. well not me personally, but my homeboy did for a game at the beginning of last year.

no problems quite frankly.

I've done hundreds of misc. transactions on ebay - both selling and buying and I've never come across a problem. I've sold events tickets in personand through mail, but if you get a weird vibe when you talk to the seller or is hesitant in meeting specific requests without reason, then there's a goodchance it can be a scan.

Just a side note. A friend of a friend had his house broken into about a month ago and just the other day he noticed some of the stuff sold on Craigslist likehis mountain bike. He called the local authorities and that was that...

I buy Giants tickets all the time on Craigslist with no problem. I've actually met a guy who emails me at the start of every season to tell me (us) whattickets he is selling. As for warriors. I know their is tons of resellers on CL, but I bought once of their for warrior tickets and it was just as easy asgiants games. Thankfully my good friend has season tickets and we get hooked up.
pimp.gif

If you are paranoid you should try buying from ticket exchange on ticketmaster.com. If you don't mind club 200 seats, I was able to get tickets as low as20 bucks per seat.

hey wassup fellas. I wanna buy tix but sometimes I'm not sure about the seating location. I know you can check the seating chart but it doesn't giveyou a feel for where or how far you are sitting from the court. So, my question is, are there any sections or areas that I wanna avoid? What section is nogood? if there a big difference between high lower bowl seats to low upper bowl seats? is it worth the extra cash? I mean I wanna sit as close as possible tothe court, whatever the wallet can handle. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom