Is it wrong that I prefer non-ethnic comedy?

Now don't get me wrong, homies like Chappelle, Martin Lawrence, Kings of Comedy, etc are def in a league of there own and represent to the fullest.....
But, for some reason I just find white comedy often more clever (no shots fired) and overall funnier at times....

I mean for lawd sakes one of my fav shows of all time is freakin Sienfeld.....
laugh.gif

And, currently It's Always Sunny In Philidelphia gets daily plays in my library
pimp.gif

Anybody else feel this way?? Idk, maybe its this whole Tyler Perry ishhh thats got me sour....I just feel like we've backtracked wayyy too far

Btw, I just found these bloopers mad funny
laugh.gif

Now don't get me wrong, homies like Chappelle, Martin Lawrence, Kings of Comedy, etc are def in a league of there own and represent to the fullest.....
But, for some reason I just find white comedy often more clever (no shots fired) and overall funnier at times....

I mean for lawd sakes one of my fav shows of all time is freakin Sienfeld.....
laugh.gif

And, currently It's Always Sunny In Philidelphia gets daily plays in my library
pimp.gif

Anybody else feel this way?? Idk, maybe its this whole Tyler Perry ishhh thats got me sour....I just feel like we've backtracked wayyy too far

Btw, I just found these bloopers mad funny
laugh.gif

Nope Just saw Hangover 2, literaly the only black dude was Mike Tyson who came out in the end. Still laughed my #*% off, and enjoyed it. 

Nope Just saw Hangover 2, literaly the only black dude was Mike Tyson who came out in the end. Still laughed my #*% off, and enjoyed it. 

I've always been more 'Friends' than I am 'Martin'. So definitely nothing to feel bad about...I still think three of the funniest comedians ever are black: Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy, and David Chappelle.

I've always been more 'Friends' than I am 'Martin'. So definitely nothing to feel bad about...I still think three of the funniest comedians ever are black: Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy, and David Chappelle.

i think the only way it would be "wrong" is if you strictly preferred "white comedy" over "ethnic comedy" is because of them being white.

always sunny
pimp.gif

i think the only way it would be "wrong" is if you strictly preferred "white comedy" over "ethnic comedy" is because of them being white.

always sunny
pimp.gif

white stand up comics >>>> black stand up comics...

as a whole... not the standouts like Bernie Mac, Chappelle and Chris Rock..

most others just dont make me laugh cuz its always "white people do it like this, while black people do it like that"\

i rocks w/ Bill Burr, Dane Cook (none of that early stuff, though), Danny Tosh, that guy that draws pics, Louis CK...

its less about race and more about just being funny...

oh yeah...
_________>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Katt Williams...

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

white stand up comics >>>> black stand up comics...

as a whole... not the standouts like Bernie Mac, Chappelle and Chris Rock..

most others just dont make me laugh cuz its always "white people do it like this, while black people do it like that"\

i rocks w/ Bill Burr, Dane Cook (none of that early stuff, though), Danny Tosh, that guy that draws pics, Louis CK...

its less about race and more about just being funny...

oh yeah...
_________>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Katt Williams...

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Overall I do love Sunny, Seinfeld, Arrested Development, How I Met Your Mother, a few other and would probably be seen as having white humor taste but that's cuz most black comedies suck. I 'm not watching any #!#+ show related to Tyler Perry.

I loved Fresh Prince, Mr. Cooper, Malcolm & Eddie, Martin, Living Single, Family Matters, Parenthood and even Homeboys in Outerspace
laugh.gif

Stand up comics wise. Black humor reigns supreme with white humor in second with a larger category for jokes though.

Overall I do love Sunny, Seinfeld, Arrested Development, How I Met Your Mother, a few other and would probably be seen as having white humor taste but that's cuz most black comedies suck. I 'm not watching any #!#+ show related to Tyler Perry.

I loved Fresh Prince, Mr. Cooper, Malcolm & Eddie, Martin, Living Single, Family Matters, Parenthood and even Homeboys in Outerspace
laugh.gif

Stand up comics wise. Black humor reigns supreme with white humor in second with a larger category for jokes though.

All "races", colors, creeds, ethnicities are funny.

You may gravitate towards some comedians and/or their comedy for whatever reason.

I'll give you the Tyler Perry thing and agree with the "backtracking" assertion BUT

to say that WHITE comedians are more "clever" is just plain false and yes, borderline, if not, racist.

Perhaps you've never heard/seen this guy:

richard-pryorNDk5.jpg

RIP to another legend.

Not at all. I'm black and I find white comics/comedies hilarious!
Seinfeld reigns supreme to me over Martin, Fresh Prince, whatever.

My favorite stand up acts now aren't black. Louis C.K, Jim Gaffigan, Demetri Martin, Mitch Hedberg & Greg Giraldo (RIP) 

Those guys are funnier to me than Kevin Hart, Mike Epps. That doesn't mean I still don't find these guys funny, though.

I HATE DANIEL TOSH'S STANDUP, THOUGH.

Not at all. I'm black and I find white comics/comedies hilarious!
Seinfeld reigns supreme to me over Martin, Fresh Prince, whatever.

My favorite stand up acts now aren't black. Louis C.K, Jim Gaffigan, Demetri Martin, Mitch Hedberg & Greg Giraldo (RIP) 

Those guys are funnier to me than Kevin Hart, Mike Epps. That doesn't mean I still don't find these guys funny, though.

I HATE DANIEL TOSH'S STANDUP, THOUGH.

All "races", colors, creeds, ethnicities are funny.

You may gravitate towards some comedians and/or their comedy for whatever reason.

I'll give you the Tyler Perry thing and agree with the "backtracking" assertion BUT

to say that WHITE comedians are more "clever" is just plain false and yes, borderline, if not, racist.

Perhaps you've never heard/seen this guy:

richard-pryorNDk5.jpg

RIP to another legend.

I agree, because again most non white comics just resort to "I'm _____, _____ people do this, white people do this," jokes. There's white comics that live off that too like Larry the Cable Guy and Jeff Foxworthy, but for the most part most of them live off actual stories with punchlines and anecdotes and many tend to be less obscene. 

I agree, because again most non white comics just resort to "I'm _____, _____ people do this, white people do this," jokes. There's white comics that live off that too like Larry the Cable Guy and Jeff Foxworthy, but for the most part most of them live off actual stories with punchlines and anecdotes and many tend to be less obscene. 

Back
Top Bottom