Is it wrong to root for a team just because your favorite player plays there?

Nope!! I'm a Cetics fan now, I didnt just jump on the bandwagon I'm a K.G. fan for life... But I'm Minnesota 4 life.... Just still heart broken hegot traded from the Wolves.. I havent really watched a Full Wolves game since, Hahaha I still am a fan just on a Baby strike.... I'll watch a few Wolfsgames this year, Then I'm sure I'll be over the trade and be supporting them again!! lol!!!

Originally Posted by twincsitty

Nope!! I'm a Cetics fan now, I didnt just jump on the bandwagon I'm a K.G. fan for life... But I'm Minnesota 4 life....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The game's +@$!@% up these days

^^^^^ What you mean now my Squd Finally got a ring!!! hahahaha....... Let's go K.G.!!! get me another 1 hahahaha

I always rooted for MJ when he was with the Bulls, and the Wizards. He's my favorite player of all-time.

But once he, and his team stepped on the court against the Lakers, I hated him.

Hell no. The only reason i became a fan of yao ming and the rest of the Houston Rockets is Tracy Mcgrady. My favorite team in the league reguardless of whatplayers they have will always be the Knicks. But whereever Tracy goes I will root for that team just as much

^^^^ hahaha..... till death do they part

I am a fan of the Lakers since 96....Eddie Jones was a favorite player when Kobe was riding the pine
and i root for UT alums.... this goes from Huston Street to Jamaal Charles to KD

When the Mavericks play for the Nets I'll root for NJ despite the greatest Net of this decade wearing a blue and white jersey.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

^^^^ hahaha..... till death do they part

I am a fan of the Lakers since 96....Eddie Jones was a favorite player when Kobe was riding the pine
and i root for UT alums.... this goes from Huston Street to Jamaal Charles to KD
pimp.gif
eddie jones my favorite same for nicky v...when everyonein my eLementary team was fighting over jersey #23 i wanted # 6
pimp.gif
...im aLaker fan first then a fan of the Laker pLayers...im a kobe fan because hes a Laker...but im a MJ and jkidd fan but hate them when theyre against theLakers...aLthough my distant secondary team is chicago because of MJ...anyways to answer to the topic no i dont see nothing wrong in rooting for your favoriteguy just dont be a bandwagoner

I'ma a laker fan for life, no matter who is on the squad. I became a fan because i live in vegas where we have no team, but we have "fox sportswest". So i fell in love with a team that i was able to watch the most. That was back in 95 i was 10. Then i became a Kobe fan from being a Laker fanfirst. My appreciation for Kobe soon became bigger then the team as the rings came in and he became more amazing. but, i came to this same exact question whenhe threatened to leave. I didn't know what to do, be a bulls fan if he went to chi or continue to root for the Purple and Gold. but anyways, he stayed.

But this is what i find SWEET, I have a friend who is a Ray Allen fan and he jumped on the Celtics bandwagon as soon he got traded now its all "we"this and "we" that. Had the nerve to try to run the championship lost in my face... Cried when they won the championship!???
How can you love another franchise so much, in one year. I don't think i would of loved the bulls as much as dude does the Celtics if Kobe had went. Iwould have an even better argument because at least the team would be my favorite players team because he would be the captain.

i would love to see if he would be saying "we" this "we" that if Ray went to a team like the Grizzlies.

So i'm gonna say- yeah, its wrong!

But this is what i find SWEET, I have a friend who is a Ray Allen fan and he jumped on the Celtics bandwagon as soon he got traded now its all "we" this and "we" that. Had the nerve to try to run the championship lost in my face... Cried when they won the championship!???
How can you love another franchise so much, in one year.
Well, that's definitly a good example of how its bad, imo.

I mean for example, when VC was on the Raps, I rooted for them, but never got that into them like that. It was only like that with the Nets, who were my team.

That kind of bond you get with a team doesn't happen in just one year.

I am from Cleveland but live in MD and cheer for the Wiz ( unless they are playing the LeBron and his team)
Cheer for the Skinz ( whether they play the Browns or not)
Hate the Ravens for obvious reasons.
I like LeBron but havent actually cheered for the CAVS since the 80's (Price, Nance, Ehlo, Daughtery).. even then I was a Magic and MJ fan but not a Lakersor Bulls fan.

no.
you root for em cuz you want your fav player to succeed.. nothing wrong with that.
i still have love for the sixers, and the nuggets, @!!+ i even like georgetown still.. i doubt im gonna feel the same way bout the pistons tho
tired.gif

As long as rooting for the individual player takes over your favorite team. If that happens, there is a problem.

it wasnt a good decision for me cause i rooted for the falcons cause micheal vick is my favorite player but now since he is not playin i have no team to rootfor

--It's ok to root fot them, but not ok to call yourself a "fan".
--One of my friends has been the biggest KG fan while being a Sacramento Kings fan....then all of a sudden he's a Celtic fan just because of KG. NO.
--I believe he was a KG fan before hand cuz he has jerseys of # 21 Timberwolves and what not, but to call himself a Celtic fan for one season? uh uh. no passin my book.
--Then he has the nerve to comment me on myspace about the thrashing MY Lakers took to "his" Celtics this past summer. SMH.

--And naw, I aint mad. It's only sports, but still, I'm all about principle.

Back
Top Bottom