Is Jay Electronica the best underground producer out there?

I think that Jay electronica is crazy.....whether it be one of the hardest records: Uzi weighs a ton or the reflective The Pledge using the eternal sunshinescore....he brings unique and abstract rhymes that feel natural and not forced like a lupe fiasco

moz-screenshot.jpg
jayelectronica-712069.jpg

I question your knowledge of the underground. Jay is dope as *%%* but to proclaim him the best is a stretch, anyone will tell you that.

I'm not even gonna touch on the Lupe comment.

Madlib
Stoupe
DOOM
Black Milk
Jake One

... just off top. Short answer, no.

But I agree wholeheartedly with your Lupe comment.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Naw it's Vinnie Paz

He's the king of everything underground.

Close.... the right answer is Stoupe. GOAT producer of all-time underground or mainstream.
indifferent.gif
@ OP

not saying that hes amazing, but does ne one remember the hype that that kid joey chavez used to get? and he is where now?

jay elec is easily my favorite rapper right now

it's not even his lyrical *++@ that impresses me (it's incredible tho), but his personal *++@ that resonates with me

the songs about being in relationships (because he broke the rules, who's gonna save my soul) and songs about the hood (swagger jackson's revenge,departure, etc) are some of the truest music to drop in the last couple years

yea i think he produces for gunit and mcflyy u so right gunit used to be heavy in the streets in 04 but once the massacare came out they got real weak

Plan Beats wrote:He teamed up with Bravo and they now produce under the name Sid Roams. They still making a little bit of noise...beats are still dope.

oh forreal, thats dope, they got a good ear for samples, with that distinct electronic-y sound they got

Back
Top Bottom