Is jay-z gonna start a trend of (good) rappers in and nearing their 40's?

I feel like before once you got to a certain age you basically gotta retire, but now dudes like Jay, Busta, redman, meth, ghost...etc. are all likely gonna rapinto their 40's and still stay relevant (to their specific fans, ie. Jay-z will still be mainstream and ghost will always have his following of 80k or so.

Thoughts? I mean rockers tour way into their 60/70's

Ima like rap music till im a geezer, might as well for them to rap till they old too....

No...

Them templete was laid down with Deeper Than Rap (the good half)... That's what that 40 year old rap is gonna sound like...

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

No...

Them templete was laid down with Deeper Than Rap (the good half)... That's what that 40 year old rap is gonna sound like...

That's what 40 year old rap SHOULD sound like, unfortunately this is what 40 year old rap DOES sound like:

Originally Posted by Oprah Winfrey

No...

That's what 40 year old rap SHOULD sound like, unfortunately this is what 40 year old rap DOES sound like:
eek.gif
THAT'S GURU? WHAT THE %%!* HAPPENED? THIS IS @!!##*@HORRIBLE
eek.gif

Originally Posted by encore2007

I don't see why not. It's not like were not getting older too. Either that or we can get rid of Jay and listen to Yung Berg, Pain, and Soulja Bow
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope he continues to make good music. @ the same time to keep em relevant, it's up to us to go out & SUPPORT GOOD MUSIC

gunnascott wrote:

encore2007 wrote:

I don't see why not. It's not like were not getting older too. Either that or we can get rid of Jay and listen to YungBerg, Pain, and Soulja Bow

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by gunnascott

Originally Posted by encore2007

I don't see why not. It's not like were not getting older too. Either that or we can get rid of Jay and listen to Yung Berg, Pain, and Soulja Bow

I'm more interested to see where Nas goes with his career. He's only 36 but are we gonna get a couple more Untitleds or HHIDs?

No...

I dont understand whats wrong with that?

Jay gonna START ?

Log off.

KRS, Rakim and G Rap are all 40+ and been dropping heat.

Originally Posted by mcnoodlez

No...

http://www.youtube.com/v/wh1Vt-QWoyQ&hl=en&fs=1&
eek.gif
THAT'S GURU? WHAT THE %%!* HAPPENED? THIS IS @!!##*@ HORRIBLE
eek.gif
eek.gif
tired.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by cartune

No...

I dont understand whats wrong with that?
I hope nothings wrong with that cause thats what i'd LOVE to hear.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by mcnoodlez

No...

http://www.youtube.com/v/wh1Vt-QWoyQ&hl=en&fs=1&
eek.gif
THAT'S GURU? WHAT THE %%!* HAPPENED? THIS IS @!!##*@ HORRIBLE
eek.gif
eek.gif
tired.gif
frown.gif
eek.gif
No!

What happened to the Gangstarr x Primo days?!?

lolol..Come on man..that Guru !$!+ is funny, But as a big fan of Gang Starr I could say thats not the best example. Guru had his style and was dope with it butit wasn't a flow that complied of lyrics that could last forever. Dudes like Ghostface, Jay, Red, Nas, and tons of others are cats who came during the late80's and was there during the evolution of rap as far as lyrics are concerned. As ill as Kane was , I wouldnt expect to hear him seriously rip apart tracksconsistently.

Nothins wrong with that...

If anyone wants to rap successfully into their 40s and hopefully 50s... They're gonna have to do the GOOD things that Ross did with Deeper Than Rap...

Redman spit crack on Blackout2
pimp.gif
, best hip hop album of this year so far,and sounded very 2009....hell, he sounded better than he ever has period!
its all about reinventing your lyrics and staying relevant....

Jay Z...American Gangster..
eek.gif
, he wont let us down with BP3, and expect himto do #ers...

james Brown was touring close to his death, I hope Jay Z, Ghostface, Redman ect. are still out there making albums and touring 30 years from now, Popular musicwill probably be unlisenable by then, ..........im going to need something to listen someday when im chillin on my porch in a rocking chair yelling at theneighborhood kids

Back
Top Bottom