IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

He took Larry Hughes to the finals... so stop saying he ran... name Jordan's resume In RINGS before pippen showed up... or what Kobe did 05-07... without a great player.
All 3 of 'em needed great teammates win their rings so what are you saying? **** the only dude to win a ring w/o another great teammate was the dream.
Huh?

Clyde Drexler is a top 50 greatest player.

Kenny Smith led the NBA in efficient fg% the season before their first ring.  Those Rockets teams were GOOD.

Last edited:
WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!???!!!

Many pundits my ***, ON AIR before game 7 they spoke about Kobe bein MVP of the series win OR lose.

Pau DISAPPEARED in Boston. Not debatable.

No one thinks Pau was the MVP of that series except you Kobe haters. NOBODY.

"Many pundits". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only Kobe Bryant can get credit for getting a team with Steve Nash and Dwight Howard to the 9th seed.
C'mon sneak, Nash been out a bunch , Dwight came back too early, even pau been out for weeks as well. Don't act as if they've been in a ideal situation , been a hectic season and don't forget the coaching change.

And to be fair no ones praising him for getting the 9th seed, it's more people giving props for his renewed athleticism , high assist totals , and higher fg % too.

Flip side : only 1 All Time great I know of gets credit for getting swept in the finals, like that's something special.
A broken down Nash and Dwight Howard is better than every player Lebron ever played with before he got to Miami.
Those Lebron Cavs teams sucked, but they played in a weak East and arguably had a better constructed bench than this current Lakers team.

Jodie Meeks is playing crunch times minutes.  Nuff said.

And this Lakers team would STILL prob be a 7 seed right now in the East.  And if they had to play Orlando 4 times a year?

Last edited:
So we gonna act like Pau Gasol wasnt damn near the x factor in that Boston series and many pundits suggested he was robbed of the Finals MVP award that post season?

Its not like I said he was responsible for only one I said 1.5 cause Pau damn near saved them in that Boston series

Atleast do some research if you dont remember before getting all aggy
laugh.gif
dude what are you talking about??

pau averaged 19 and 12 in that series (misleading because he basically disappeared)

Kobe averaged 29pts 8 rbnds 4 asts shooting 41%.

name one person who said pau was the mvp.  this is insane

Last edited:
So we gonna act like Pau Gasol wasnt damn near the x factor in that Boston series and many pundits suggested he was robbed of the Finals MVP award that post season?

Its not like I said he was responsible for only one I said 1.5 cause Pau damn near saved them in that Boston series

Atleast do some research if you dont remember before getting all aggy :lol:

:x

Huh?

Kenny Smith led the NBA in efficient fg% the season before their first ring.  Those Rockets teams were GOOD.
Clyde wasn't on the '94 team. It's effective FG%, and so what. He was a role player, nothing more.

The best players besides Hakeem on that team were Otis Thorpe, Horry, Kenny Smith, Mario Elie, Cassell... Arguably the worst supporting cast ever by a champion and one of the few champions ever without a second All-Star caliber player.

Atleast do some research if you dont remember before getting all aggy :lol:

dude what are you talking about??

pau averaged 19 and 12 in that series (misleading because he basically disappeared)

Kobe averaged 29pts 8 rbnds 4 asts shooting 41%.

name one person who said pau was the mvp.  this is insane

Also note, Boston centered their entire defense on stopping Bryant. Not stopping Pau.

But hey, "many pundits". :rofl: :rofl:

Atleast do some research if you dont remember before getting all aggy
laugh.gif
did you watch the series? pau had his moments but how was he robbed from finals mvp? kobe had a bad game 7 but that one game did not define the entire series.

1.5 of 5 rings?
mean.gif

My man really said Kobe is responsible for 1.5 rings :rofl:

**** like that is not even worth debating.

Huh?

Clyde wasn't on the '94 team. It's effective FG%, and so what. He was a role player, nothing more.

The best players besides Hakeem on that team were Otis Thorpe, Horry, Kenny Smith, Mario Elie, Cassell... Arguably the worst supporting cast ever by a champion and one of the few champions ever without a second All-Star caliber player.

All of this. Hakeem carried that team on his back in 94.

Lol what r u talking about? Nobody was saying pau got robbed of that finals mvp, get that stuff out of here.....some of yall are just arguing just to argue now

Haven't read this thread in a while.....but this is the best I have ever seen Kobe.

He's finally showing that he can be a complete player when his back is against the wall.

I've never been more impressed with him than I am now.

It's been a pleasure to watch what he's doing recently.

You having to type **** into Google to find out if Pau was the Finals MVP should already tell you how stupid your claim is.

Yesterday ESPN radio was having discussions about Kobe passing Magic and Bird and being top 5 all time. Should I stamp "pundits" on that?

Son, I was going off memory I remembered when the Lakers beat the Celtics people on ATH, PTI and a few radio shows the next day/week were saying should Pau have shared the MVP, Pau should have won the MVP, etc.

Only in this thread did I question it. Because it seemed as if NOBODY else remembered or knew what I was talking about. :lol:

So I typed it into google. And it popped up without me even having to finish typing...so apparently "its a thing" not just something I made up

But then again this is the same thread that swore Kobe wasnt demanding a trade and that he was flirting with the Clippers and the Bulls. So selective memory is running rampant in here

Son, I was going off memory I remembered when the Lakers beat the Celtics people on ATH, PTI and a few radio shows the next day/week were saying should Pau have shared the MVP, Pau should have won the MVP, etc.

Only in this thread did I question it. Because it seemed as if NOBODY else remembered or knew what I was talking about. :lol:

So I typed it into google. And it popped up without me even having to finish typing...so apparently "its a thing" not just something I made up

But then again this is the same thread that swore Kobe wasnt demanding a trade and that he was flirting with the Clippers and the Bulls. So selective memory is running rampant in here

2010 finals stats

Kobe: 29 ppg, 8 rpg, 4 apg, 2.4 spg

Gasol: 19 ppg, 11.6 rpg, 3.7 apg

Look at these and numbers tell me if Kobe didn't deserve finals mvp :rolleyes

People saying pau should have won finals mvp are just tired of kobe's success

Last edited:

Only in this thread did I question it. Because it seemed as if NOBODY else remembered or knew what I was talking about.
laugh.gif

No one on PTI said Pau was mvp.  they said the Lakers needed Pau to win.  And they did.

I watched those shows.  I remember them.  You're either misremembering or falsely claiming.  I do remember Tony saying they wouldn't have won without Ron Ron also.  That doesn't mean he was calling for him to be named the mvp.

I can't recall the discussion on ATH, but the point of the show is to make arguments (usually out of nothing.)

There's a reason the only results you got when you typed that search are absurdist forums (like this one) and bleacherreport.

Look at the stats.  Go back and watch the series.

Name me one journalist who said Pau deserved to be MVP.  Go and find it.

Last edited:
Bill Plaschke

http://lakernation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/39498-bill-plaschke-says-kobe-didnt-deserve-mvp/

" Pau Gasol Should of won the 2010 Finals MVP " - Bill Simmons

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/pau-gasol-should-won-2010-finals-mvp-bill-simmons-1877430/

Im not the best googler but these forums were started because of a columnist saying Pau deserved the MVP. I cant find video but Im sure these forums werent made to back me up :nerd:

I know theres a few more because Sportscenter had a segment about it and it was all on talk radio saying Gasol was the X factor and should have atleast shared the Finals MVP

Im just proving that I didnt pull it out of my ***

Last edited:
is there a full article where bill simmons said that? i have always enjoyed his trolling of us lakers fans

Back
Top Bottom