Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No (not yet)

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Plateau (steady)

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Lebron is washed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Kobe vs LeBron is apple and oranges. Kobe Is A shooter that can slash. When his slashing was just as good as his shooting all he needed was a big that can command respect in the post and another shooter for proper spacing.

Whereas LeBron is a slasher that can shoot. Because of this he absolutely needs spacing ie shooters and an athletic big. He also needs only one big to occupy the paint. The problem is there are no 3 and D athletic bigs on the cavs. If there was Kevin Love would be perfectly fine to occupy the paint

When he played in Miami the reason why Bosh became a jump shooter is because Wade was/is a prototypical slasher with an inconsistent jumpshot. So they needed the paint to always be open so either Wade or LeBron could slash at any given moment. It's also why Ray Allen flourished with what little he had left in the tank.

This whole argument of LeBron needing a team to be built around him sounds like pure foolishness. All great players need a system built to emphasize their strengths. What exactly did the Lakers win after Shaq left before they got Pau.......

Edit: Thinking about it the Cavs can work as built but they'll need a system similar to the spurs built on multiple screens and constant movement.

Last edited:
Don't know why Kobe's name is always brought up in these conversations but I don't recall Pau Gasol having to not be Pau while playing with Bean. Or Lamar couldn't do what Lamar did best while with Kobe. Even Shaq for the most part until the very end. I don't know if it's solely the triangle or Phil but the stars/All star talents that Kobe has played with haven't had to change their games drastically or take a back seat like wade and Bosh had to. Save for D12 but there were a lot of other issues there beyond basketball. Also Ariza, Farmar, and many others had their best years as role players playing with Kobe. That's why this whole teammates better thing is a farce in my opinion.

Last edited:
Thats because lebron operates the offense & scores, kobes just a scorer

You dont have to play off of kobe like you do with lebron because you already know kobe is just gonna score, he has a set role no matter whos on the team, thats why players dont have to "sacrifice" there game playing with kobe

Lebron has to make sure everyone gets there shots while being the #1 option at the same time

Oh ok. That's why he was the defacto point guard when Shaq was the and the primary playmaker every year he's been with the Lakers. Nice analysis attempt.

Primary ballhandler doesnt mean he was the pg if the offense ran through shaq

Theirs no "pg" in the triangle offense

is he still declining? or is this the plateau

So with the way he played in the All-Star game (no defense) and as of late with the Cavs doing better ...

Lebron might have reached his peak in 2012-2013.
But that does not mean that he is really declining now. While he had a slow start this season, he played with quite the same intensity and explosiveness
after his 8 game absence to rehab his body.
Though most people tend to evaulate an NBA player through the stats only.
For instance: MJ might have scored in his 3rd season most (37.2 ppg) but that does not mean
he was on his peak overall

Stats often are depending on your teammates efforts. Lebron averages 7.2 assists now where as
if he would have played with someone like Magic, Stockton he would not need to share as many assists.
Scoring wise Lebron averages 25.9 ppg at the moment which is a good figure as he has enough players in
his team to score double digits often. The 29+ ppg from 2010 is therefore not required this season.

Last edited:
Dude that rebuttal doesn't even make sense.

It's not a contradiction at all. Kobe never forced anyone to tailor their game to fit his. Kobe never made anyone else take less shots, if you ******* suck like Jeremy Lin (though he's been better lately) you're not going to be trusted.

Notice how Nick Young doesn't have this problem. Or even Ed Davis as of late. If you can produce Kobe will ball with you, you will get your shots if you continue to make them, if not it's hero ball.

LeBron NEEDS the team to be built a certain way.

MAJOR DIFFERENCE. Be real bruh.
Agreed

IMO this years playoffs will tell. I know I'm biased but the pressure to win it all is gonna be at an all time high.. Cavs haven't been in playoffs since 2010.

gonna be insane.

And another thing, why do LeBron's star teammates ALWAYS see their numbers decrease to taylor fit their play to LeBron's needs?

Oh look, Bron leaves and Bosh and Wade both see their numbers go up.

Oh look, Bron returns to Cleveland and Love sees a drastic decrease in output while Kyrie's growth as a player has hit a ceiling as he's putting up carbon copy numbers to last years.

Bron does NOT make his teammates better. Yes he's a good passer and floor general, but if his teammates don't adhere to a very specific and rigid style of play FOR LEBRON they will lose. PERIOD. HELL, the Cavs are arguably a better team WITHOUT HIM AND THAT'S NOT HYPERBOLE.

These are undeniable facts. What happens when he's no longer able to do the things he's accustomed to do? What happens when he cannot play the brand of ball that has proven to be the ONLY way he can win?

What you want me to believe that a LeBron that will eventually be reduced to a glorified PG is going to be successful as he was in his 20s?

I'm not saying he's going to fall off a cliff anytime soon, but I do NOT see him being effective in his mid 30s. I'm sorry, I just don't see it.
+

Well, if you have other players who have much more ego like MJ, Kobe or AI, the numbers of their teammates decrease way more.
Why? Because they don't pass the ball that much compared to Lebron.
You cannot expect a team with 3 go-to-guys to have same numbers like when they were the only go-to.guy in their team.

Steph Curry has overtaken the crown as best player in the world. LeBron hasn't necessarily declined, individually though.

I never wanted to see this thread on here.

Can this sink through the Nt floorboards, through crevices and past the ancient ruins for an eternal nap w/ ezBoard's decaying carcass?

Curry is the best shooter, not player. The best player has to play defense

Back
Top Bottom