Is my Fuelband a brick?

I've had this Fuelband for a couple years. It was working just fine back in the old days. It's been sitting in a drawer for a while, but I decided to pull it out and fire it up again.

Its battery was at 0%, so I charged it up, and now I have to set it up again.

Except now I learn that Nike has ended support or 'retired' the Fuelband brand earlier this year, which includes killing the original app that is required to set up my Fuelband.

I spoke with customer support, where I learned that yep, this is in fact a brick, according to them. They said there is no way to set it up. They said that if it's already set up, there is still a way to track footsteps or count calories or whatever with the Nike Run Club app. But mine isn't set up, and all I want to do is for it to tell the damn time.

So I just thought I'd ask the community here if anybody knows a way to revive this thing, or should I just bite the bullet and drop it off at the electronic recycler?

When it's plugged in via USB to a computer and I push the little button on the face, it shows battery level, which is healthy. When not plugged in and I push that button, all it ever shows is a little animation thing of a USB cable, suggesting to me that I need to plug it in in order to set it up. But now that Nike has killed the app that I need to use to set it up, I'm not hopeful.

Thanks for any suggestions.

It's likely done.

I had one YEARS ago and ended up have to exchange it because the battery stopped charging, the new one did the same soon after. I threw it in a drew and it hasn't seen the light of day since.

Lol OP i did all of that about a month except calling for support. I knew they had ended them but i figured since i had one and it was setup before they ended it i was good to go.

I wore it for a while and thn stopped. Probably been sitting in my drawer for like 3 or 4 years. Was going through the drawer looking for the little pin to eject sd slot on samsungs and saw the fuelband. Plugged it in let it charge for about 30 min thinking ill use it again .... NOPE

Did quick google search and sure enpugh its done. I womder why they axed it 100% instesd of allpwimg u to keep using it just no future updates or support etc.

Back
Top Bottom