Is Nike overdoing the Penny Line?

Originally Posted by voterobformayor

the air max penny is one of the best penny shoes, and it hasnt been over killed by nike (yet) but i hear rumors are swirling that its going to retro early next year.

with that being said, does anyone know the last time the penny 4s or the '94 Air Up Highs retroed?

The Air Up High's haven't been retroed as far as I know but the Penny IVs had a long retro run that started in 2006 and lasted for about a year or so.

i believe nike is not overdoing the penny line...i just wish they show more love to penny IV OG colorways and also have more good colors for all the penny's.

i say nike sould keep workin with penny think about it if nike keep workin with penny..............more colors in da foams and all the other pennys

2heavencent0 wrote:
foams in any color other than the OG blue is wrong...
sick.gif

Same way i feel

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

2heavencent0 wrote:
foams in any color other than the OG blue is wrong...
sick.gif

Same way i feel

QFT.  I say things like this and people instantly start flaming me (see retro royal foam 1s thread and pewter foam thread lol)

And i wish they would keep making penny's.  I know that sounds crazy but his sig shoe catalog is amazing.  Why not make more even after he is retired.  Foamposite 2s?

on topic the foamposite one is kind of getting killed.  Not quite yet but with the 5 more colorways coming it will be after they all release.  I love the penny 2 retros and penny 3 (was so amped when they came out copped first day for retail smh lol sale in a week) would like to see air max penny 1s was never really a fan of penny 4s so they can rest.

Originally Posted by gumsoul410

I don't think they're overdoing the line yet, close but not yet. Its just this onslaught of Foams in random colorways
tired.gif

I wouldn't say they OD on Penny but just missin some of the Essential OG's that need to be retroed. Obsidian IV's, Wht/Blue 1's, Blk/Blue 1's

I think that since there is such a small amount of shoe choices.. 2 or 3 of each colorway seems like it is overdoing it..

I say they are no where close to overdoing it though. When they start combining ridiculous colors or have rainbows or garbage like that for example Jordan 1's although they are releasing good colorways they are in between 20 other ridiculous ideas. So fingers cross they never get that far.

IMO I think if they drop 2-4 OG colors and 2-4 new colorways it will be perfectly fine (Ex. Penny 3's)

IMO the cult aspect of the foamposite(not penny line in general) is dead. What got me into foamposites in the first place was the fact that you could go years without seeing a pair in stores, so when you did see them, you had to have them, and you were good money because they were built to hold up. Things haven't been the same since the 07's foam one retros. At least with the pros, it kept the true fans honest, now bammas just cop everything off the strength due to hype. I've seen bammas go from flat-out foamposite pro haters to screaming "auto-cop." No standards.

^Word Ace.I was genuinely shocked at how many people actally hated the Pros (the swoosh throws em' ooooooffffffff).
Hell you let cats tell it now,they've ALWAYS been a fan of em'.
LIES!

the pennys are selling good like its the 90s again thats why nike has started doing these , and the griffeys alot .

id love to see some of those footaction penny IVs like the black and blues , the chi towns , and the PHX IVS.

one can wish though.

which reminds me i need a pair of atlantic penny IIS

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

the pennys are selling good like its the 90s again thats why nike has started doing these , and the griffeys alot .

id love to see some of those footaction penny IVs like the black and blues , the chi towns , and the PHX IVS.

one can wish though.

which reminds me i need a pair of atlantic penny IIS
Big ups to the Footaction Colorways....I been waiting 10 years to cop the Black and Blue IV's

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

the name of the game is making money...and seeing how many people, especially gay chicks(don't kno why), wit the wht/red iii's, i don't see them stopping at all
yo they FEELING them penny III's right?
laugh.gif

nike slept on not dropping da penny II's in kid sizes.
Why didn't they drop them in kids sizes?

Back
Top Bottom