Is Rao's Pasta Sauce worth $8.99?

The Arrabbiata sauce is very good. It has low sugar (3g per .5 cup) which was a plus for me. I copped some on sale at Targét for 6.99

IncredibleMadeupAcouchi-size_restricted.gif

That's a lot for some pasta sauce. Been going with Classico, Newman's Own, or Prego/Ragu depending which grocery store I go to. Always around the $2 range.

More so guessing it's the equivalent of making your own sauce at home, or maybe even a 5-star restaurant.

Eating homemade spaghetti right now.. I cant spend that much money on the sauce.. I need the money for the lean protein.. :nthat:

Man grab a can of san marzano tomatoes and make your own sauce that will body this. So easy to make great pasta sauce. Make sure you add some good red wine and you straight

The arrabiata and the roasted garlic are very good. Not $9 good but $5good for sure. Their marinara is basic doe.
If I’m feeling cheap, I mix half the rao’s roasted garlic with half Rinaldis lol.

Almost bought that **** today at Walmart because of this thread. I have some organic butternut squash ravioli that I needed gravy for. But then I saw the Newman's Own right next to it for half the price and all the ingredients are organic. Tomatoes are a heavily sprayed crop... why wouldn't I choose organic? And for half the price! The Rao gravy looked basic af too.

timthumb.php

Paul Newman was that dude btw.

grab target market pantry sauce and add your own herbs
properly season ya ground meat
mans game b

Oh snaps, I just bought some meatballs from ikea (not sure why but they looked tempting) and literally googled the best jarred marinara sauce and this came up :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom