is rap "played-out"?

kakashi

Banned
idunno,

i used to be a die-hard rap fanatic, albums posters...anything rap related i knew about it.
dj premiere and nas or any rapper out of queens (75% of hip-hop). but the past 3 years
i've been partial to rap. electro, electro pop, punk, electro-punk and top 40...i mean my
friends always have listened to those genres anyway, especially at the club. but it just
seems to be more "real" than rap if you ever listen to the lyrics. i get more out of it.

is it just me or had hip-hop gotten played out? like disgustingly shameful played-out
like shoot the horse already played out?

Originally Posted by Kakashi

idunno,

i used to be a die-hard rap fanatic, albums posters...anything rap related i knew about it.
dj premiere and nas or any rapper out of queens (75% of hip-hop). but the past 3 years
i've been partial to rap. electro, electro pop, punk, electro-punk and top 40...i mean my
friends always have listened to those genres anyway, especially at the club. but it just
seems to be more "real" than rap if you ever listen to the lyrics. i get more out of it.

is it just me or had hip-hop gotten played out? like disgustingly shameful played-out
like shoot the horse already played out?

Sounds like your beating something out
smh.gif

I feel the same way, this last year i've hardly listened to rap, i've been really getting into rock.

although i just attributed it to me getting older, not the actual music getting played out.

you probably throw on some Kenny G and take a bubble bath too.

All I listened to in high school was rap/hip hop. I also attributed my shift in music taste to growing up.

Naw, it's just that alot of fans of rap don't like admitting they like other genre's of music until they get older.

You're buggin. There's a lot of good hip-hop out there, you just have to look for it.

Also wrong forum BTW.

What you said in your first post is basically that is Hip Hop no longer good because you don't like it anymore. Like... really?

An opinion would be if you thought the quality of Hip Hop was on the decline.

But it's played out cuz you don't listen to it? Come the
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
on.

no, this is the right forum...it's a general question. i was hoping to get other's opinion about the decline in hip-hop potency.
why would i post it in a music forum?...i'd get a biased opinion, that's not what i'm after. i respect ambivelance, before a biased
view on the matter.

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

What you said in your first post is basically that is Hip Hop no longer good because you don't like it anymore. Like... really?

An opinion would be if you thought the quality of Hip Hop was on the decline.

But it's played out cuz you don't listen to it? Come the
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
on.

Dude saying its "played out" so I assume he means that it isn't evolving to something he wants to hear. He didn't say he stopped listening toit, in fact, he said he has listened to it among many other genres when he & his friends go out. He also said he can relate more to the non-rap songs thanrap songs which is understandable and leads to further appreciation of said genres.

Basically he needs to search if he is looking for good rap because it isn't as readily available as the other genres of music. And your music tastes shouldchange as you get older. Nothing is wrong with you

Music isn't contemporary.
Just like everything else it changes over time.

Adapt or change. Your choice.

"my mic check is life or death breathing a sniper's breath"

vs.

"bricks, bricks, all white bricks..."

indifferent.gif

that one line is deeper than gucci mane's whole collection of mixed tapes and major releases.

Naw, ive became a bigger rap head, with rapper that actually give me info for life. Im not going to name people, because there are to many.

But i listen to jazz, r&b, indie rock, classical, blues & others all the same. Im learning bass right now, so i can connect more to my music. What isplayed out to me is listen to rappers that arent talking about #%%.

vs.

indifferent.gif

that one line is deeper than gucci mane's whole collection of mixed tapes and major releases.
to be honest, and I don't listen/like Gucci Mane at all, but rap has too many sides to just base it off (insert rapper). Not everyone listensto songs for lyrics. Some listen to bob their head to a beat, to dance to, etc. And rap is going to contine to evolve (or devolve depending on your opinion)and change to something else to represent the trend/fad of that time. And regardless of how you or I may feel about Gucci Mane, dude is making money soobviously he is what the people want. May not be the best but you can't hate on the dude for doing something positive with his "skillset" insteadof something negative. My 2 cents

vs.

indifferent.gif

BLING BLOW BURRRR!!!

Guess it's played out to you.......

the world dosn't revolve around you....... but around me

oouch

Like Zik said, look harder. You're also listening to radio rap or this $*@! that NT hypes up.

Originally Posted by AirMaxin1

You're buggin.

"Hip-hop aint dead, it's just malnourished and underfed"
- Blue Scholars
My man
pimp.gif
OP look into the Blue Scholars if you havent heardof em. They're the kind of stuff you think disappeared. And I can name a good amount of albums that came out this year that you obviously havent listenedto.

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

vs.

indifferent.gif

to be honest, and I don't listen/like Gucci Mane at all, but rap has too many sides to just base it off (insert rapper). Not everyone listens to songs for lyrics. Some listen to bob their head to a beat, to dance to, etc. And rap is going to contine to evolve (or devolve depending on your opinion) and change to something else to represent the trend/fad of that time. And regardless of how you or I may feel about Gucci Mane, dude is making money so obviously he is what the people want. May not be the best but you can't hate on the dude for doing something positive with his "skillset" instead of something negative. My 2 cents

i don't like it, i don't like/don't mean that i'm hating - common "6th sense"

Originally Posted by sherwin100s

You're buggin. There's a lot of good hip-hop out there, you just have to look for it.

Also wrong forum BTW.
qft

vs.

indifferent.gif

i'm assuming the first line is from a different genre.

If you're going to make comparisons....make comparisons of the same caliber.

You pulled out a HOOK, from a rapper who is not known for his lyrical aptitude. You would have had a better argument quoting Lupe Fiasco.

Lets look it at it like this:
Music that black ppl make normally have a healthy run b4 they get played out and then something else is created becomes the new "it" music,that's initially panned by critics but adored by the white youth
Once upon a time Rock was ninja music (lol) and the devil's music, now its American music
As Rap is currently making that transition the creative youth will come up with another genre

History repeats itself

Just my two cents

Back
Top Bottom