Is rap taking a new direction? Jayz is on board, Kanye on the pop level, Cudi, Drake (sorta)

I see this new trend of rap taking over slowly, Lupe, Wiz,Wale,Common, still might be a chance for Joey,Goodie Mob coming back etc... What do you u guysthink of it? Who will be the leaders? What effect will it have on mainstream, cuz they wont be able to blame it on "Gangsta Rap" and What will happento the ones that made a living of the hardcore genre, who vow to keep it real, do they change too? (Some can still hold that lane, but it will be few) Just mythoughts, just what im feeling at the time, its raining down here in da A, so im chilling in the house and it had me thinking, let me know what yall think

I love where hip hop is at, I mean it's getting represented wrong when it comes to the mainstream but on the internet and in the mixtape circuit it'sso many different kinds of artist and they're making fresh new music. I always felt if you don't like it don't listen to it and that goesespecailly for now, with such a large variety of hip hop out on the internet and on the streets you should find your artist or music and just play it effeveryone else.

It's up to us, if ppl just would buy the music they like then they won't have to sit back and say "Man what's up with hip hop".

Hope this answer your question.

You forgot to mention what direction rap is headed. I believe rap is headed into "personal lifestyle/own perspective of life". As I get older I amglad rap is changing to something I still find "fresh" and entertaining.

I dig it too, people gotta understand 98-02 is 98-02 your fav rapper don't have to sell a kabillion records man, just show love by attending the shows andbuying the records.

Originally Posted by retrowear23

I love where hip hop is at, I mean it's getting represented wrong when it comes to the mainstream but on the internet and in the mixtape circuit it's so many different kinds of artist and they're making fresh new music. I always felt if you don't like it don't listen to it and that goes especailly for now, with such a large variety of hip hop out on the internet and on the streets you should find your artist or music and just play it eff everyone else.

It's up to us, if ppl just would buy the music they like then they won't have to sit back and say "Man what's up with hip hop".

Hope this answer your question.

YES!

Back
Top Bottom