Is Social Media Destroying Society? Former Facebook Exec Says 'Yes'

I watched the documentary below on Netflix and if you’re in this thread, I highly recommend it. Most of the knowledge is known, but the way they put a visualization to the “Algorithms” puts things into so much perspective for those who can’t comprehend what’s happening to us.

Edit - I see it was also posted to the top of the page. Oh well, here’s another recommendation to watch it if you were on the fence.

watched this other night and thought it was good. not necessarily new information but it was interesting hearing it from the perspectives of the people creating this stuff

fake news spreading 6x times faster than real news is alarming

anyone with a little bit of $$$ can very easily influence millions of people like never before in history. the conspiracies, disinformation, and political polarization are going to get much worse before it gets any better

Regarding the documentary, the part where the guy said "no... none of us let our kids use social media", he seemed mad uncomfortable admitting that, as if he knows it's not for kids yet they're keeping the consequences secret for profit's sake. It's basically like giving cigarettes to children.

Honestly tho... have no idea how he became THE GUY in rap. His music is so below average I don't get it.

I think it was him who said some weird **** about Trayvon too
I suppose a lot has to do with his associatoon to Kylie Jenner? I don't follow pop culture and these trends or whatever, so I can't say with certainty.

Pathetic case all around. Cliffs:

Troll antagonizes girl who said she auditioned for Marvel - Said young lady responds by posting her audition material and NDA :smh: - More trolls in the comments harass the girl who auditioned for no reason.

I don't mind her posting about what's happened and I'm sorry it happened but it's just like who's idea was it to be like "okay in this moment of grief let's take a pic". it's so weird.
that’s because everything is set up. I don’t believe anything anymore.

Also the documentary is great. You got the designers of these technology straight up telling you that it’s programming people how to feel, think and what to like. Yet people still flock to it.
It really made me question whether twitter has really been weaponized to cause civil unrest and destabilize countries

Back
Top Bottom