Is Social Media Destroying Society? Former Facebook Exec Says 'Yes'

Man I don’t let my daughter watch YouTube either. Straight up bunch of weirdos on there. Grown men creating 100+ hours of them sitting in front of a computer playing a childrens game while talking to children. You can miss me with that poison.

But it’s a daily struggle and fight. I don’t care though if she cries or throws tantrums, bun da social media tings.

I’d never record her crying and me punishing her to get likes on the same platform your trying to cover them from though. That’s some hypocrisy

Man I don’t let my daughter watch YouTube either. Straight up bunch of weirdos on there. Grown men creating 100+ hours of them sitting in front of a computer playing a childrens game while talking to children. You can miss me with that poison.

But it’s a daily struggle and fight. I don’t care though if she cries or throws tantrums, bun da social media tings.

I’d never record her crying and me punishing her to get likes on the same platform your trying to cover them from though. That’s some hypocrisy
At this point it’s so overwhelming that she might be engaging with it one way or another. The strangle hold YouTube and TikTok has right now is wild.

The whole recording you kid being punished or crying ain’t nothing but the parents trying go viral themselves.

Gone are the days of older folk not knowing the tech of the generation below them. Even if you’re in your 40’s you probably had a MySpace and was young enough to hop on Facebook when that first came out. Bottom line is, everyone is hip now.

Last edited:
t this point it’s so overwhelming that she might be engaging with it one way or another. The strangle hood YouTube and TikTok has right now is wild.

I agree man. But I don’t care.

I honestly don’t think it’s YouTube/fb/TikTok that has the strangle hold.

It’s fear. Parents are scared to be viewed as closed minded, not progressive, not “hip” , and on the extreme left people are in fear they’ll be seen as not giving their kids the “right” to choose.

Forget all dat. We are the parents bro. These are our kids, I live in no fear of some new age parent judging me.

It’s fear. Parents are scared to be viewed as closed minded, not progressive, not “hip” , and on the extreme left people are in fear they’ll be seen as not giving their kids the “right” to choose.

Forget all dat. We are the parents bro. These are our kids, I live in no fear of some new age parent judging me.

It's just funny the things "those" parents chose to allow their kids to make adult decisions about.

Like I told one of my dudes a few days ago. I think people KNOW (Deep down inside) that letting kids make certain life altering decisions at such an early age makes no sense at all.

But like you said, a lot of times folks worry too much about not wanting to be on the wrong side of history.

I feel and am with you. **** what people think.

My thing is though most of these kids have phones and tech in general. So the best you can do is control what goes on in your household, because there’s a good chance that kids will be with there friends looking at that stuff sometimes when they’re not with the parents.

Yeah, she ain't lying. I stopped posting my kids online a while ago. Not that I'd ever give them a "personal account", but...just many reasons why I found it not worth doing anymore.

At this point it’s so overwhelming that she might be engaging with it one way or another. The strangle hold YouTube and TikTok has right now is wild.

The whole recording you kid being punished or crying ain’t nothing but the parents trying go viral themselves.

Gone are the days of older folk not knowing the tech of the generation below them. Even if you’re in your 40’s you probably had a MySpace and was young enough to hop on Facebook when that first came out. Bottom line is, everyone is hip now.
how old are you?
cause at some point the tech will outgrow you. happens to everyone. there's gonna be some **** when we really get old that we wont understand.
they have coding classes for kids nowadays.

Social media has it's disgusting moments. Couple randos say it on there so it must be true. When on the other hand been to multiple Caribbean events in DC and everyone was there having fun and no one gave a ****. People want the negative to be real so bad. Get your jollies off constantly having an enemy.

This is how I also feel about black men and women bickering online about relationship topics. Sure, we don't agree to everything but folks just be saying all TYPES of wild things on these chatlines man.

I don’t UNDERSTAND the appeal of watching people do corny skits or watching people having family time… what’s the appeal? What’s so amazing about watching a 3 year old? :lol: :lol:

I don’t understand this society. Who the hell is even subscribing to these type of pages? People really have weird taste in so called “entertainment”.

There’s nothing entertaining about watching a 3 yeah old play dress up. But, that’s humans for you

Back
Top Bottom