Is Social Media Destroying Society? Former Facebook Exec Says 'Yes'

That room dirty as hell. Never understood people recording themselves living in squalor.

They got bigger issues than pizza. Clean up dawg

Mfs living in squalor arguing over trivial things and peddling it as comedy

lil man needs proper adult guidance before he becomes a statistic :smh:

I was reading comments regarding this on the black millionaires IG page.....

A lot of folks were tight that Kai got arrested for being a 'black man with massive influence'.

I think the older heads weren't familiar with the streamer energy/culture cause I knew this **** must have been a WILD scene :lol:

Like we didn't have our own influencers when we were their age.

Remember which website you're posting on?

Nike talk had us out rioting? Hanging from cars? Doing “suicide” challenges? We were really going outside in our youths and not inside on phones and videos games all day.

Basically playing Russian with our lives?

HELL NALL. Niketalk ain’t have any us out here wildin’

Like we didn't have our own influencers when we were their age.

Remember which website you're posting on?

They’re acting like this is the first time a “riot” like this has occurred like we haven’t seen different demos do this for elections, sporting events, and Halloween.

Nike talk had us out rioting? Hanging from cars? Doing “suicide” challenges? We were really going outside in our youths and not inside on phones and videos games all day.

Basically playing Russian with our lives?

HELL NALL. Niketalk ain’t have any us out here wildin’
Not NikeTalk; Nike.

1691335223344.png

Kids were willing to kill, die, or get football numbers for clothes and shoes and the clout that came with them. The sane ones were sleeping outside in 0 F weather to buy shoes that would crumble after a few years.

We were that dumb, even though we took our cultural influences from music videos/movies/tv shows/magazines instead of twitch/tiktok/instagram.

What does Kai Cenat actually do? Why does he have a stranglehold on the people?

I really don't understand :lol:

He’s an entertainer. That’s the best way to put it.Streaming games have been around for a while at this point it’s gone way beyond video games.

Most of the streamers with Kai started on NBA 2k as wild as that is. It really blew up during the pandemic truthfully and It’s not for us, it’s for kids. Somehow they have found a way to cultivate an online fan base and community centered around that streamer and his/her life.

You have rappers going on his stream to promote their music Lil baby, Ice Spicee, Lil Yachty etc. Kids don’t go home and turn on the Disney channel anymore they go online and watch their favorite streamer and interact in the chat.

Kids don’t go home and turn on the Disney channel anymore they go online and watch their favorite streamer and interact in the chat.
Facts. Hard for me as a parent to deal with it as well because it's peak weirdo behavior to me. I've banned my kids from watching YouTube (they're really young so I don't have to worry about twitch, TikTok, etc...for now) but I might be the old man yelling at the cloud as everyone...EVERYONE...is following some streamer.

But I really don't want my kids watching someone else live life. They need to live it and see for themselves.

My wife wanted to plan a trip to Mall of America. She wanted to convince the kids it would be fun so she let them YouTube videos of the rides there. And from those videos, my son has decided he doesn't want to go cuz he doesn't think it'll be fun. My foot almost went up his *** that night.

Facts. Hard for me as a parent to deal with it as well because it's peak weirdo behavior to me. I've banned my kids from watching YouTube (they're really young so I don't have to worry about twitch, TikTok, etc...for now) but I might be the old man yelling at the cloud as everyone...EVERYONE...is following some streamer.

But I really don't want my kids watching someone else live life. They need to live it and see for themselves.

My wife wanted to plan a trip to Mall of America. She wanted to convince the kids it would be fun so she let them YouTube videos of the rides there. And from those videos, my son has decided he doesn't want to go cuz he doesn't think it'll be fun. My foot almost went up his *** that night.

Yup they’re all like that. I wouldn’t know if I didn’t teach.

4CD7EA10-9279-4D38-BD05-A99AEFBB95AB.jpeg

You can pull up the viewership numbers across all major television broadcasting directed at children.

Some of it you can blame on Hulu and Netflix and the adoption of streaming services for sure but the other part is definitely the rise of the streamer.

They lost another 33% in 2020 too.

Think of the biggest kid sitcom star from the 90’s or 2000’s you can think of. Now give that person the ability to communicate with their fans live with new episodes every day or almost. That’s what it is.

Back
Top Bottom