Is switching to Chrome worth losing my Firefox add-ons?

i'm about ready to make the switch... firefox is pissing me off lately, it's such a memory hog too.

The only good thing about Chrome is the superior JavaScript engine. But it's unnecessary until you see more rich apps that rely heavily on JavaScript.FireFox is much better right now but Chrome will be able to catch up with Google's moolah.

you'll lose a lot of options on messageboards using chrome. I'm saying this while my laptop is burning a hole into my desk due to using firefox.

nahhh. chrome runs really slow for some reason and i honetly tried to use it but each time firefox loaded pages easier and faster.

I tried to switch back when my laptop only had 1gig of ram, because ff is a recourse hog. But after adding more I came back to ff. Adblock+ just makes my wholebrowsing experience more enjoyable. And the new google toolbar adds alot of nice features.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Yes, I have 5 browsers on my comp. And after testing out all 5, Chrome is the best.
why is that?
nerd.gif

If Chrome ever has add-ons like Firefox, then I'll try it. Seemed nice and simple when I tried the beta version, though.

Chrome runs slower on my computer than Firefox. While FF uses a great deal of memory, I'm not ready to make the switch yet.

Back
Top Bottom