Is the 160 GB iPod Classic the highest capacity portable music player out there?

Apple NEEDS to make a larger capacity ipod classic, maybe a 250 for 250 would be nice

Originally Posted by CaptinStabbin

1. The iPod doesn't even have capabilities to correctly play FLAC you can convert to ALAC ....but thats a whole nother discussion in itself

and

2. If you converted existing MP3 to FLAC ...you just wasted space

-The Juice
I meant to say I converted my library. Not the music itself. Basically all of my .mp3 have been REPLACED with their FLAC counterparts. And I'm using dbpoweramp to convert from FLAC to ALAC.

I have some TripleFi 10 IEMs which work just well with the iPod.

The TF10s was the impetus behind replacing all of my music.

Just checked, and the Archos allows me to play FLAC natively without converting.

Originally Posted by CaptinStabbin

1. The iPod doesn't even have capabilities to correctly play FLAC you can convert to ALAC ....but thats a whole nother discussion in itself

and

2. If you converted existing MP3 to FLAC ...you just wasted space

-The Juice
I meant to say I converted my library. Not the music itself. Basically all of my .mp3 have been REPLACED with their FLAC counterparts. And I'm using dbpoweramp to convert from FLAC to ALAC.

I have some TripleFi 10 IEMs which work just well with the iPod.

The TF10s was the impetus behind replacing all of my music.

Just checked, and the Archos allows me to play FLAC natively without converting.

All this audio talk has me checking my files and most of my songs range btwn 192kbs and 3hundred and something,

So even when you get Mp3s from itunes for example, they still dont sound as clear as the CD?? It sounds the same to me...

All this audio talk has me checking my files and most of my songs range btwn 192kbs and 3hundred and something,

So even when you get Mp3s from itunes for example, they still dont sound as clear as the CD?? It sounds the same to me...

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Convert from flac to 244 v0

You won't hear a difference as there isn't much lost information between the 2
I'll do that. Thanks.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Convert from flac to 244 v0

You won't hear a difference as there isn't much lost information between the 2
I'll do that. Thanks.

I believe they released the 80/160, and then the following year they only had 120.  So yeah, 160 is the biggest iPod you can get.

I believe they released the 80/160, and then the following year they only had 120.  So yeah, 160 is the biggest iPod you can get.

They made a 180 a generation ago, but those are hard to find.

I personally have close to 170 Gigs and I like having all my music so i'm hoping Apple doesn't discontinue the line... I love those high capacity players... or until the iPod touch reaches 160 at least...but it'll take a minute for flash memory to drop in price like that. I like apple's integration and am not really willing to try and branch out like that... Plus I have a mac, so it has to be compatible COMPLETELY. I don't need the hassle of dealing with 3rd party interfaces. I'm not ignorant to the possibilities but still....

They made a 180 a generation ago, but those are hard to find.

I personally have close to 170 Gigs and I like having all my music so i'm hoping Apple doesn't discontinue the line... I love those high capacity players... or until the iPod touch reaches 160 at least...but it'll take a minute for flash memory to drop in price like that. I like apple's integration and am not really willing to try and branch out like that... Plus I have a mac, so it has to be compatible COMPLETELY. I don't need the hassle of dealing with 3rd party interfaces. I'm not ignorant to the possibilities but still....

Originally Posted by ElCatfisho

Originally Posted by SlimK4

http://www.lincomatic.com/mp3/mp3quality.html
Wow thats cool, thanks......
I just found a song (Roscoe Dash "Showout") That I have in 86kbs and in 356kbs and they sound virtually the same, but at the same time im listening though iphone earphones....

Originally Posted by ElCatfisho

Originally Posted by SlimK4

http://www.lincomatic.com/mp3/mp3quality.html
Wow thats cool, thanks......
I just found a song (Roscoe Dash "Showout") That I have in 86kbs and in 356kbs and they sound virtually the same, but at the same time im listening though iphone earphones....

Back
Top Bottom