Is the Internet a drug?

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Originally Posted by odog24

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Made to distract people?
As in.... the invention of the internet is a conspiracy?

30t6p3b.gif
not a conspiracy. why would u call it a conspiracy? that doesn't make any sense.
i mean people's lives revolve around the internet. if someone is bored instead of reading or doing something productive or try to gain knowledge they go on FB or twitter. yes i also understand some people take advantage of the web and use it in a good way so they can gain more knowledge but the majority of internet users dont do this. which leads me to believe that it has developed into a drug that people abuse.
You asked if it was "made to distract people"
As in, the purpose of the creation of the internet is to distract people instead of develop a highly efficient means of electronic communication.

Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.
i dont feel like going an editing my op but i know its main purpose was to be a resource of information but i feel like now it has been molded into more of a distraction than a resource. and it is being abused

People were saying the same thing when the television took over.

I use it as a tool to learn and etc...but I can see how people can get addicted to it and waste their time doing mindless things.

more so a religious system than a drug. but the argument could be made to work both ways.

Back
Top Bottom