Is the quality on retro Military IV's REALLY that bad?

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Yeah, real bad. I had a pair I wore, and after the first wear, they creased like hell. All IV retros from the past few years have felt flimsy and cheap. (Except for the lasers.) Not to mention the paint chipping on the midsole. I must have worn them 4 or five times, and they turned out like crap. Sold them real quick on NT for mad cheap. I have one pair DS in my closet, but I'm afraid to wear because I know they will be destroyed after a few wears. I personally love the Military Blue IVs, but it's a shame they came out so crappy.

Good luck with your pair.
this a real !$++* here doe!
roll.gif

i remember buying my pair on the day they came out and took them to work with me. about 3 hours later on my break i opened the box, tried the shoes on and they got a minor crease. i then thought to myself, "these shoes suck" and went right back to the store and got my money back.

i had a chance to get these for $50 back in 2007 and i passed on them again.

Fifty dollars? lol
I had a friend trying to kick me his ds pair for 130 but passed because all 4's crease real bad in the toe box area.
The black cat 4's weren't as terrible as the other releases that year though.

Yes, quality was pretty bad on both Mar's and Military's. Both mine were wrinkled out the box and wearing them sure didn't help. Midsole does show
paint cracking. And as far as comfort, stiff. Only make me appreciate my '99 White Cement's more. Comfy as hell and still look crispy. Fire Red 3's from '03 were the last good retros IMO.

Maybe its me...

But I ain't paying $100 + for a shoe, and investing in anything to make them not crease less and have me walking gingerly like an idiot on the streets...

Again, maybe its me.

i think the mars quality was better then the military because my mars still still look ds after a few wears. The military 4's are on a whole level by themselves as far as creasing. I know i wore mine once and the creasing from the shoe started hurting my foot.

i never got to see the creasing and cracking with mine.  i wore mine to work one time and they hurt my arches so bad that i sole them the next day.  dont know it was just my feet on the particular day or something that was wrong with just that pair, but i never had that problem with my mars. 

I never really liked IV's because I would see peoples pair from the pass and they looked awful all creased up in the front... but from wht I've see the quality on these weren't good at all... and most of em I see, people are cuttin the grass in em lol

Shoe creasing has nothing to do with quality. OG jordan 4s creased just like retros do. I understand the argument of leather and paint chipping, but shoe creases is easily the worst argument for quality I have ever heard.

Pretty much everything said about the leather is true. I've worn them plenty of times but haven't seen any paint chipping yet though so I suppose it's just a matter of time or luck ( Much like the recent III's ).

That being said..I'm a huge fan of this colorway so the purchase was worth it to me.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Shoe creasing has nothing to do with quality. OG jordan 4s creased just like retros do. I understand the argument of leather and paint chipping, but shoe creases is easily the worst argument for quality I have ever heard.
What? 
laugh.gif

All shoes crease (O RLY?).  But its HOW it creases and looks over time, which goes toward the quality (or lack of quality) of materials used.

I got both pair of o.g. color '99s.  Bought in '99. Worn 3000x times, literally.  Joints still smoke.

Ball up a washcloth in one hand, and ball up paper in the other, and see which one comes out looking the same with you put it back to form. 
laugh.gif

yea bro I remember wearing mine for the first time and creasing was pretty crucial. The second worst experience I've had with shoes creasing, right after the flint 13s 

dtb00201 wrote:
OG jordan 4s creased just like retros do.

Wrong.Retro Military / Mars are atrocious.

They just aren't IV's to me. Mishapen and awful quality - they're best buried and forgotten.

Dope OG colorway, one of my favorite.

They crease damn near unnecessarily though. Messed up thing is like my right shoe is creased like penitentiary pants but my left basically looks DS

My wifey has them is GS size and hers are essentially flawless, just a little yellowed from being stored outside the box.

I've always told myself I will get a 2nd pair when they were gettin dumped on NT for like $100 shipped now it seems the value has started to rise so IDK

I could have dealt with the bad leather if the shape was even CLOSE to the og's. These were one of the worst renditions of an og EVER. Horribly executed by JB.

Back
Top Bottom