Is the word "Recession" getting corny to anyone else?

I've been getting sick of hearing this word lately and not because of what it implies but how played out its getting. Its becoming like the word"swag"
sick.gif
people use it in their facebook headlines, rap aboutit, wear t-shirts with "recession" on it. Maybe I'm looking into it too much
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

Ummm.... Kinda.

But, what would you suggest we call the economic state we are in?

real talk
laugh.gif

have you never taken an econ class before? this word didnt just come out of nowhere.

It was annoying when first used and the country was not in one, but now it is appropriate

Originally Posted by freshhh

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

Ummm.... Kinda.

But, what would you suggest we call the economic state we are in?

real talk
laugh.gif

have you never taken an econ class before? this word didnt just come out of nowhere.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

no seriously though, I'm getting a minor in econ right now so I know the terms very well but that doesn't mean everyone that uses it does. For example,I was at the gym and asked this dude sitting there if he was trying to play ball and he said "nah the recession is killing me". I didn't reallyunderstand how the recession was effecting him so bad he couldn't get up and shoot a ball around so I just kept my mouth shut and moved on.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I guess just people saying recession this, recession that after every comment is getting a little bit too much. We're all hurting, you don't have tokeep reminding me
frown.gif

Well I'm more so tired of the whole financial crisis thing. All that money for multi million dollar CEO's but none for single mothers of 2-5. Sad.

It is just as bad as people blaming everything these days on the economy. Walking around like "in these economic times...."

Back
Top Bottom