Is There Anyone Since 00' That Comes Even Remotely Close To This Man When It Comes to Dunking

Reign Man

shawn-kemp.jpg

Im not talking about Slam Dunk contests either Im talking pure high velocity in game dunks. My dude could start his own Poster shop from dunking on so many dudes.

Originally Posted by air max 87

Kemp
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

im sorry but Kemp > VC

VC is soft...

also the 90's of basketball was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Kemp was a rarity (at the time) because there weren't any 6'11"+ guys who could do the things he could when dunking....in 2010, you got Dwight Howard and even guys like Javale McGee that can do most of the things Kemp can. 

Vince Carter is REGULARLY talked about as the greatest dunker of all-time.  His style has not been emulated.  There is no one that has been in the NBA since he he was drafted (or even before) that can hold a candle to his dunking style. 

And since the question the OP is asking is does anyone since 2000 "come close" I would say absolutely there are. Off the top of my head......

Vince Carter
Jason Richardson
LeBron James
Tracy McGrady
Josh Smith
Andre Iguodala
Dwight Howard
Amare Stoudamire
Shaquille O'Neal
Kobe Bryant

I mean, Shawn Kemp is appreciated no doubt. But to say no one in the past decade comes close is idiotic. Im sure my list is missing a bunch of additional players too.

sick.gif
kemps force and power when he attacked the rim, my man
you know youre cold when you dunk on someone and they dap you up
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Vince Carter is THE beast of the 00's when it comes to dunking. But ReignMan did his thing as well.

Vince Carter is THE beast of the 00's when it comes to dunking. But ReignMan did his thing as well.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Originally Posted by got shoes

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Um....

Spoiler [+]
vince_carter_dunks.jpg
i agree. Kemp was a beast, but Vince changed the game
Huh?!?! What Vince bring to dunking that Kemp didn't during his time.
Please tell me your not serious???????? Kemp was my favorite player back in the day, but come on Vince was a step above. 

VC's posters of the years > Kemps...

VC did some serious damage to people when it came to dunking... His list is better than a lot of other dunkers.

VC was doing windmills out of no where with people around him, such as:

oh, and not to mention an alleyoop windmill in game:

and 360's in transition...

oh. and all those posters on people...

laugh.gif
@ the #1 dunk. what if the nba still allows those taunts? imagine lebron, dwight, smith, rose, brown, iggy etc doing those
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Did I just read Javale McGee's name in this thread?
absolutely.  While McGee isn't as strong as kemp, he can hang with him athletically. 

I mean I respect VC ability when it comes to dunks but come on Kemp giving cats like Alonzo facials, not to diminish people that VC dunked on but..

Check the absolute posterization of Alonzo from :25

Originally Posted by dland24

And since the question the OP is asking is does anyone since 2000 "come close" I would say absolutely there are. Off the top of my head......

Vince Carter
Jason Richardson
LeBron James
Tracy McGrady
Josh Smith
Andre Iguodala
Dwight Howard
Amare Stoudamire
Shaquille O'Neal
Kobe Bryant

I mean, Shawn Kemp is appreciated no doubt. But to say no one in the past decade comes close is idiotic. Im sure my list is missing a bunch of additional players too.

Are you out of ur gotdamn mind with some of the people u listed
eek.gif
Josh Smith, Tmac, Jrich... money did you even witness Kemp while he played in his prime. VC is probably the only legitimate cat you listed.

VC I will give the nod, son has some of the sickest dunks ever... I honestly forgot about his windmills. But im still partial to Kemp

Shawn Kemp til this day is my favorite dunker of all time.

But Vince is the best ever and it ain't really close.

Back
Top Bottom