Is this a good deal? DMP Package

I ran into a posting on Craigslist for a guy selling a DS DMP VI/XI package for $500. He claims he needs the money for Black Friday shopping. The problem is that he's in Detroit right now for the Holidays. He would like for the purchased to go through Paypal, and that he would ship it tomorrow in the morning. My hesitation is whether he can screw me by not shipping the shoes. How good is the buyer protection from Paypal? Would you guys do it?

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

I ran into a posting on Craigslist for a guy selling a DS DMP VI/XI package for $500. He claims he needs the money for Black Friday shopping. The problem is that he's in Detroit right now for the Holidays. He would like for the purchased to go through Paypal, and that he would ship it tomorrow in the morning. My hesitation is whether he can screw me by not shipping the shoes. How good is the buyer protection from Paypal? Would you guys do it?
Where are the pics?  That's the first thing to talk about.

Secondly, it's a pretty good deal.  Commonly that package would go for anywhere between $650-750 (more on theBay)

Third, PayPal will protect you, but you MUST request an invoice for the transaction with a full description of what you are buying.  Make sure the description is very explicit that you are purchasing a DS pair of 100% Authentic Air Jordan DMP VI/XI package Size ____________ shipped double boxed with tracking

That's the best you can do protection-wise.  If he scams, you'll just have to wait for the money to be recovered by PayPal after they conduct an investigation.  Let him know if you don't have your kicks within 14 business days you're filing a claim with PayPal.

You can get ripped using Paypal. Paypal can only refund your money if it's still in his account. If you send him the money and he quickly transfers it to his bank account then it's a done deal. Paypal will only lock the account but not reimburse you from their own pockets.
I know this because it happened to me a few years ago. I paid, guy never sent the shoes but he had already removed the money. So Paypal did nothing for me

So, just be careful. The price is suspiciously low.

He sent pics, but I didn't transfer them from my phone. I chose not to go through with it. It seemed a little farfetched to me. Thanks for the input, guys.

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

He sent pics, but I didn't transfer them from my phone. I chose not to go through with it. It seemed a little farfetched to me. Thanks for the input, guys.
I don't blame you for passing. I'm sure it was hard to pass  because of the price but better safe than sorry.

had a guy in new orleans offer a decent deal on a cdp but wouldnt send pics either

Back
Top Bottom