Is this grounds for a lawsuit?

This is question for my law school NT'ers. I've been working at this job for 9 months. I work 40hrs a week. Mostly 8 hr shifts but sometimes 9 or 10. We only receive half hour breaks. Isn't that against labor laws? I hate this place so I'm looking for a reason to sue them for everything they have.

This is question for my law school NT'ers. I've been working at this job for 9 months. I work 40hrs a week. Mostly 8 hr shifts but sometimes 9 or 10. We only receive half hour breaks. Isn't that against labor laws? I hate this place so I'm looking for a reason to sue them for everything they have.

you should get one 30 min break and 2-3 10 min breaks 10 min breaks for those hours. After 12 hours you should be entitled to another 30 min break which can be forfeited.

you should get one 30 min break and 2-3 10 min breaks 10 min breaks for those hours. After 12 hours you should be entitled to another 30 min break which can be forfeited.

Not to thread jack but what about working over 40 hours a week and not getting paid overtime? it is an hourly and commission job.

Not to thread jack but what about working over 40 hours a week and not getting paid overtime? it is an hourly and commission job.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Most we get is a half and there are day's when I haven't gotten that. I'm calling Jonnie.

Most we get is a half and there are day's when I haven't gotten that. I'm calling Jonnie.

Originally Posted by MrMoneyInDaBank

Im no lawyer, but Im pretty sure thats against the law if the company is forcing that on you.

to the question about more than 40hrs, Im pretty sure you should be paid OT after 40.

All of these questions though are specific to each state so you might want to look up your local state labor laws.

Originally Posted by MrMoneyInDaBank

Im no lawyer, but Im pretty sure thats against the law if the company is forcing that on you.

to the question about more than 40hrs, Im pretty sure you should be paid OT after 40.

All of these questions though are specific to each state so you might want to look up your local state labor laws.

Originally Posted by Prime Suspects 36

Instant lawsuit my man.

Originally Posted by Prime Suspects 36

Instant lawsuit my man.

just to let you know if you work past midnight its considered a new day so it doesn't count.

just to let you know if you work past midnight its considered a new day so it doesn't count.

^^not true....

I'm pretty sure it goes by time/hour you clock in/out, not by date you clock in/out. I work nights and many times I work into the next calendar day (past midnight) and nothing changes. Still get me breaks/get paid OT.

^^not true....

I'm pretty sure it goes by time/hour you clock in/out, not by date you clock in/out. I work nights and many times I work into the next calendar day (past midnight) and nothing changes. Still get me breaks/get paid OT.

Back
Top Bottom