is this legit, Nt. Vol. selling on Craigslist

So i put an ad on CG that i am selling my Dk cygnus 2011 for 300.
He asks if its available and i say yes. He now replies to me.

Hi,

Good to hear back from you. I am willing to pay your asking price. I will be paying you by money order as its the only way I can pay you at the moment. I would have loved to come take a look but I am presently out of town on an assignment. I will not be back in town soon. I don't mind adding an extra fifty dollars so you can keep it in my favor, Please send me some pictures. I hope it is in good condition. Reply with your full name, cell phone number, and address where payment should be sent.I will let you know how I intend to go about the pick-up. Please take the posting off craigs list today and consider it sold to me.

Expecting to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

Any info would be much appreciated!

So i put an ad on CG that i am selling my Dk cygnus 2011 for 300.
He asks if its available and i say yes. He now replies to me.

Hi,

Good to hear back from you. I am willing to pay your asking price. I will be paying you by money order as its the only way I can pay you at the moment. I would have loved to come take a look but I am presently out of town on an assignment. I will not be back in town soon. I don't mind adding an extra fifty dollars so you can keep it in my favor, Please send me some pictures. I hope it is in good condition. Reply with your full name, cell phone number, and address where payment should be sent.I will let you know how I intend to go about the pick-up. Please take the posting off craigs list today and consider it sold to me.

Expecting to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

Any info would be much appreciated!

http://bmxbikeforsale.co....2011-bmx-bike-B00481EYU4
based on this im surprised hes willing to spend 350...
first get his contact info as well, give him a call and feel it out. If it seems like he wants to do a western union transfer hes a fraud. If he wants to pay with a money order make sure its a postal money order, and make sure you cash it and all works out before he gets anything.

http://bmxbikeforsale.co....2011-bmx-bike-B00481EYU4
based on this im surprised hes willing to spend 350...
first get his contact info as well, give him a call and feel it out. If it seems like he wants to do a western union transfer hes a fraud. If he wants to pay with a money order make sure its a postal money order, and make sure you cash it and all works out before he gets anything.

Unless dude is handing me cash personally while I hand him the product hand to hand I will NEVER deal with CL.

Unless dude is handing me cash personally while I hand him the product hand to hand I will NEVER deal with CL.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

This. When selling or buying from Craigslist, ALWAYS do the trade in person. Make sure you bring some friend(s) along incase you get jumped
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

This. When selling or buying from Craigslist, ALWAYS do the trade in person. Make sure you bring some friend(s) along incase you get jumped
laugh.gif

hilariously similar to the emails I received (im selling a bed).

I list up a bed. Within hours, I read two different responses saying:

person a:
STILL AVAILABLE.
Pls get back to ASAP ,I'll be waiting to read back from you soon

thanks
BROWN DAVIS

person b:
Do you still have it for sale???

Sent from my Andoid

Before that, I got another inquiry that sounded more legit. So I told them I had an interested party already giving me contact info etc.. that I would let them know if its available. I take it they don't even read what I said..

Their responses:
person a:
thanks for response concerning my request . i quite comfortable with
ur price and i would be adding addtional fund of $30 . but i will be
paying you by check. i would like u to get back to me if u are
comfortable with the price i will be paying u and my mode of payment,
i would like u to send me ur full in this format.

name:
address:
phone number:
zipcode:

i will like to hear back from u very soon.

note: please i would like u to keep the posting off craiglist today
and consider it sold today to me.

thanks
regards
And person b:
Code:
Thanks for the prompt response to my mail. I will be buying fromyou so please kindly withdraw the advert from C.LIST. Please beinformed that i will be paying with a certified check from my Bank itwill be delivered to you via United Parcel Service (UPS), so I'll needyou to provide me with the following information to facilitate themailing of the check...              Name to be on the payment...........             Home address...........             City..............             State...........             Zip Code..............             Cell phone #................   I will make arrangements for the pick up as soon as you have yourmoney I am completely satisfied with the advert and the payment willbe delivered within 24hours.** I use a hearing impaired phone# and will receive your calls via email **     N.B UPS does not deliver to a P.O box addresses.Thanks
It's just hilarious what they go on about even when I told them right away that it was probably sold. Now they want it off Craigslist? And they want my contact INFO?

I really feel like playing along with these guys and wasting their time

person a:
STILL AVAILABLE.

thanks
BROWN DAVIS

person b:

Sent from my Andoid

Before that, I got another inquiry that sounded more legit. So I told them I had an interested party already giving me contact info etc.. that I would let them know if its available. I take it they don't even read what I said..

Their responses:
person a:

name:
address:
phone number:
zipcode:

thanks
regards
And person b:
Code:
Thanks for the prompt response to my mail. I will be buying fromyou so please kindly withdraw the advert from C.LIST. Please beinformed that i will be paying with a certified check from my Bank itwill be delivered to you via United Parcel Service (UPS), so I'll needyou to provide me with the following information to facilitate themailing of the check...              Name to be on the payment...........             Home address...........             City..............             State...........             Zip Code..............             Cell phone #................   I will make arrangements for the pick up as soon as you have yourmoney I am completely satisfied with the advert and the payment willbe delivered within 24hours.** I use a hearing impaired phone# and will receive your calls via email **     N.B UPS does not deliver to a P.O box addresses.Thanks
It's just hilarious what they go on about even when I told them right away that it was probably sold. Now they want it off Craigslist? And they want my contact INFO?

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

person a:
STILL AVAILABLE.

thanks
BROWN DAVIS

person b:

Sent from my Andoid

Their responses:
person a:

name:
address:
phone number:
zipcode:

thanks
regards
And person b:
Code:

laugh.gif
  I did that to a nigerian scammer off cl once...  didn't go as far as i wanted, but definitely wasted a solid few hours of his life
laugh.gif

I was under the impression that you would be getting a MONEY ORDER, if so, roll with it...theres no way the post office can take the money back from you once youve cashed it, so thats gravy.  If he wants to pay by check, or wire transfer its most definitely a scam.  also if he wants to pay with check you can just go to HIS bank and cash it/determine if he funds available.  They can't hold you accountable once they cash a same bank check, especially if you dont have an account with them.  Just stay away from "deposit" situations.  I've had bad checks take up to 2 months to bounce, and I had deposited the check in my account so i was screwed.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

person a:
STILL AVAILABLE.

thanks
BROWN DAVIS

person b:

Sent from my Andoid

Their responses:
person a:

name:
address:
phone number:
zipcode:

thanks
regards
And person b:
Code:

laugh.gif
  I did that to a nigerian scammer off cl once...  didn't go as far as i wanted, but definitely wasted a solid few hours of his life
laugh.gif

I was under the impression that you would be getting a MONEY ORDER, if so, roll with it...theres no way the post office can take the money back from you once youve cashed it, so thats gravy.  If he wants to pay by check, or wire transfer its most definitely a scam.  also if he wants to pay with check you can just go to HIS bank and cash it/determine if he funds available.  They can't hold you accountable once they cash a same bank check, especially if you dont have an account with them.  Just stay away from "deposit" situations.  I've had bad checks take up to 2 months to bounce, and I had deposited the check in my account so i was screwed.

Back
Top Bottom