Is this where the Jumpman came from?

NYC66960.jpg

I always thought it was the dunk contest....

It came from the AJ1 advertising which was inspired by a 1984 Olympics promo shot of MJ dunking- the jumpman dunk wasn't taken from any game or dunkcontest.

Nope, it didn't even come from the Dunk Contest either. It all started with this photishoot:
10sccq0.jpg

It isnt that one. After hardcore investigation and talking to Nike reps and founders of the Jordan Brand. I found out thatthey got it from this

2yuepsy.jpg

The jumpman may have been inspired from the photoshoot, but Jordan said that that pose was from a BALLET move, not a dunk.

Originally Posted by purplenurple1414

The jumpman may have been inspired from the photoshoot, but Jordan said that that pose was from a BALLET move, not a dunk.
ive heard this before and choose not to except it..
eyes.gif
roll.gif

^^^ It's true, it was just a pose he tried. He even has the ball on his left hand.
e7725dce98ba35855a7a3900b3a5b3c736f981f_t.gif

Its amazin how somethings u try just for the heck of it turn out as a great thing. Sorta like the Tiger Woods commercial when he was bouncin the ball on hisclub then wacked it.

Yeah he wasn't even going to dunk, just jumped in the air... I always found funny in some ways, that it's a left handed move...

Memory serves me, the shot was also not taken in Chicago, it ws just a background of the skyline from Chicago, used in Los Angeles or something. I may bewrong, but that's what I had heard years ago.

Back
Top Bottom