Is Woodstock under-appreciated?

Before Coachella, Lollapalooza, Bonnaroo, ACL, etc there was Woodstock. I know it gets its credit but would we have mega-music festivals without it? With that being said, I feel that it may be under appreciated by our generation as a whole.

An absolutely crucial part of rock and national history. But good luck getting reactions from anyone on this board 
30t6p3b.gif

Under appreciated?!?! What? It's the single greatest music festival of all time. Everyone else attempts to follow the mold. You got Iowa who's parents weren't even sperm yet (me) who wish they coulda been there. You're crazy

Originally Posted by sonunox34

An absolutely crucial part of rock and national history. But good luck getting reactions from anyone on this board 
30t6p3b.gif

yeah not only Rock history bro. I'm a music fan, but mainly listen to Hiphop, and understand that this was an amazing event. We wouldn't be beating over the WTT tour as much without this event IMO.

EDIT:
Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Under appreciated?!?! What? It's the single greatest music festival of all time. Everyone else attempts to follow the mold. You got Iowa who's parents weren't even sperm yet (me) who wish they coulda been there. You're crazy

I think you misunderstood me. I'm acknowledging that it was that important, but do we as a generation give it enough credit? That's what I meant by under-appreciated.

Countless documentaries and movies. I mean we don't talk about it everyday but when its mentioned people who don't even know the lineup will talk on how amazing it was.

Jimi killed that damn guitar. Dont why he went last. The dude with the Nazi jacket seemed a little of place didnt he?

I think Woodstock gets its appreciation from everyone. Its a huge point in music history. But I doubt we'll another free 3 day long music fest with the biggest names appearing.

You two usually don't take things that literal, but I can see where you are coming from if you look at it from overall music lover's perspective. I was posing the question from a generational point of view. Either way I hear ya.

Anyway..

Day 2 at Woodstock's lineup > (insert name of any music event since)

Woodstock....under-appreciated?
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
you're kidding right?

OP its like saying is Michael Jackson under appreciated. Yeah he was the greatest and there's never enough praise but everyone speaks highly of his music just like everyone speaks highly of this concert. Except this one old guy I met who said it was poo everywhere and just uncomfortable lol

Hell no and for those that lived it... triple HELL no.
*Oh and in before "it's overrated if you ask me"*

It's impossible for it to be under appreciated. It's the most legendary festival of all time. The only thing I think it did do is bring on too many festivals. At a certain point it just gets watered down. I think all the festivals that happen nowadays takes away how important Woodstock really was. 

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Jimi killed that damn guitar. Dont why he went last. The dude with the Nazi jacket seemed a little of place didnt he?

I think Woodstock gets its appreciation from everyone. Its a huge point in music history. But I doubt we'll another free 3 day long music fest with the biggest names appearing.

That wasn't a nazi jacket, the swastika had other meanings before its use with the Nazis.

but yea, Jimi's rendition of the national anthem is the greatest.

I think its under appreciated in a way that its popular, everyone will know about it but most people wont care to get into it and what went on there.

Yeah... I guess it's only underappreciated by people who don't know anything about that era or rock and roll. 

i still have a jimi hendrix woodstock dvd from the public library. deemed "lost" so i kept it

took it out on my friends library card. he wasnt too happy about that
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom