ISIAH THOMAS HOSPITALIZED FOR OVERDOSING ON SLEEPING PILLS!

Originally Posted by potus2028

A kiss from Magic should wake him up...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

^thank you. finally someone realized it wasnt him
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

its not even Isiah that ODd

supposedly he lied to the media along with his son
nerd.gif

Link
[h1]Thomas Lied to Cover Up Sleeping Pill OD[/h1]
October 24, 2008 by pecrawley
Filed under: Isiah Thomas, NBA Basketball

ithomas_070312_300.jpg

Isiah Thomas was taken to a New York hospital earlier today amidst reports of a sleeping pill overdose. Thomas must have been embarrassed by the newsstories because he colluded with his son, Joshua, to fake a scenario in which his daughter, Lauren, was the one in need of medical attention. Apparently Laurenhas hypoglycema and Isiah thought it would be alright to capitalize on that fact to perpetuate a crude lie about his going to the hospital to take care of hisdaughter, rather than himself.

If you missed any of the details, here's how it went down.

According to http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/25/sports/basketball/25thomas.html?ref=basketballa report from the New YorkTimes, after being rushed to the hospital for the alleged overdose, Isiah got on the phone with the New York Post and told reporters that he was fine; itwas his daughter who was in care. She has hypoglycemia and Isiah was tending to her while she received medical attention.

To cover his dad's tracks, son Joshua perpetuated the story. Here's what Josh had to say to The Daily News.:
"Reports of sleeping pills arefalse," Joshua Thomas told The Daily News. Referring to his father, he added: "He looked faint from stressing over her. They sat him down, let himdrink some water. He's fine."
And to think that people were actually worried about Isiah throughout all this. Does this man have any decency at all? Even in his most vulnerable moment,he reveals himself as a lying coward. It's like the reverse of the boy who cried wolf.

If the lie went through, Isiah would maybe have saved some face. The Terrell Owens comparisons would have gone away. He would evoked sympathy from thegeneral public. And his life would have returned to relative normalcy.

But did he really think the emergency services people would go along with him on this one?

If he did, he was quite mistaken. The Police Chief in Thomas' neck of the woods, David Hall, was quick to refute the ex-NBA general manager's lie,saying:
"I understand that this person claims it was his daughter; he islying. It was definitely not his daughter, it was a male. We know the difference between a 47-year-old black male and a young black female."
I love that part. "We know the difference between a 47-year-old black male and a young black female." It's a line that sounds picked straightout of a Saturday Night Live sketch. Only in this case real life is truly stranger than fiction.

Even the few, very intellectually-limited fans that Isiah had left after his miserable turn with the Knicks can't stand behind him now. He's alying, manipulative egomaniac; one would put his own reputation above the moral integrity of his kids.

I wish I could say a 'get well soon' here to the former Bad Boy. But unfortunately I'm too disgusted at the moment.

smh @ Isiah for covering up....lying and saying that it was his daughter...how low can he get???

those jokes made in this post don't look so bad now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

If he ain't in charge of the Knicks anymore, why would he want to kill hiself?

D"antoni is the one I'd be worried about.

Zeke once said he would die before giving up on the Knicks... might be some medical issues with Zeke

Originally Posted by RUDOLPH1996

Originally Posted by CP1708

If he ain't in charge of the Knicks anymore, why would he want to kill hiself?

D"antoni is the one I'd be worried about.

Zeke once said he would die before giving up on the Knicks... might be some medical issues with Zeke
grin.gif

I dont wish harm on anybody b/c of professional sportss. thats not right. I hope you get well Zeke and for those of you that are heartless b/c he screwed yourKnicks. This is a mans life were talking about. I wish him and his family the best

As much as I hate Isiah for what he did with the Knicks, I don't wish harm on anybody. Get well Zeke.

What little respect I still had for him is now gone. How you gonna use your own daughter as a cover-up:smh:
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom