Isley Brothers - Between The Sheets Appreciation Thread

This is a timeless song,�whether�you're an old head or 13 years of age, This song is a must for any slow jams mix/playlist. Ron Isley voice plus the synth that�Chris Jasper laid down for this track hypnotizes �the listener. This song has to be one of HipHops favorite sampled record in my eyes. Here's a little back ground about the song.

By the early 1980s, the fortunes of the Isley Brothers were dwindling due to changing musical styles and the partnership between the family members losing ground.�Chris Jasper�and fellow members�Ernie Isley�and�Marvin Isley�were constantly producing music that they had initially intended to be part of their own splinter group. In the meantime, the elder three Isleys - vocalists�Ronald Isley,�O'Kelly Isley�and�Rudolph Isley�- were dealing with tax debts and accusations they had evaded paying back taxes to the�IRS. The Isley Brothers' musical heyday had peaked in the mid-seventies and while their late-seventies recordings found success, as they entered the eighties, they struggled to compete with a growing list of funk groups such as�Cameo�and�The Gap Band. In 1982, their album,�The Real Deal, failed to generate any hits and failed to go gold.

Later that year, the group returned to the studios in�Bearsville, New York�to work on their follow-up. Influenced by the success of�Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing", Ernie Isley and Marvin Isley had composed a sensual minimalist light funk groove aimed strictly for the bedroom. The production of what became "Between the Sheets" was different from previous recordings with stripped down synthesizer solos by Chris Jasper (who also sung background vocals), drum programming and assorted percussion by Ernie Isley and Marvin Isley and simple handclaps.

This is a timeless song,�whether�you're an old head or 13 years of age, This song is a must for any slow jams mix/playlist. Ron Isley voice plus the synth that�Chris Jasper laid down for this track hypnotizes �the listener. This song has to be one of HipHops favorite sampled record in my eyes. Here's a little back ground about the song.

By the early 1980s, the fortunes of the Isley Brothers were dwindling due to changing musical styles and the partnership between the family members losing ground.�Chris Jasper�and fellow members�Ernie Isley�and�Marvin Isley�were constantly producing music that they had initially intended to be part of their own splinter group. In the meantime, the elder three Isleys - vocalists�Ronald Isley,�O'Kelly Isley�and�Rudolph Isley�- were dealing with tax debts and accusations they had evaded paying back taxes to the�IRS. The Isley Brothers' musical heyday had peaked in the mid-seventies and while their late-seventies recordings found success, as they entered the eighties, they struggled to compete with a growing list of funk groups such as�Cameo�and�The Gap Band. In 1982, their album,�The Real Deal, failed to generate any hits and failed to go gold.

Later that year, the group returned to the studios in�Bearsville, New York�to work on their follow-up. Influenced by the success of�Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing", Ernie Isley and Marvin Isley had composed a sensual minimalist light funk groove aimed strictly for the bedroom. The production of what became "Between the Sheets" was different from previous recordings with stripped down synthesizer solos by Chris Jasper (who also sung background vocals), drum programming and assorted percussion by Ernie Isley and Marvin Isley and simple handclaps.

Anyone have a tally of how many times the beat was sampled.

Thread/Isley Bros is appreciated! 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KingJay718

pimp.gif

Wikipedia has a list 

Originally Posted by KingJay718

pimp.gif

Wikipedia has a list 

appreciated...along wit dont say goodnight, groove wit u, for the love of u, make me say it again, voyage to atlantis, choosey lover, here we go again, let me down easy, smooth sailin, & many more

appreciated...along wit dont say goodnight, groove wit u, for the love of u, make me say it again, voyage to atlantis, choosey lover, here we go again, let me down easy, smooth sailin, & many more

Love the original.

Big has the best remix, of course

Jim Jones did it justice.

Ignorant %%% is my joint...

...you cant go wrong with this sample.

Love the original.

Big has the best remix, of course

Jim Jones did it justice.

Ignorant %%% is my joint...

...you cant go wrong with this sample.

Back
Top Bottom