It Finally Happened to Me...Got Screwed by Paypal. What Can I Do?

So I sold an OG Optimus Prime in box on Ebay to someone in China. It wasn't one of those re-issues so thats why I'm heated right now. I've sold allkinds of stuff on Ebay to people all around the world and this is the first time I've been screwed.

The buyer had 280+ feedback, 100%, so I went ahead with it.

About two weeks after the auction ended, he cancelled his Ebay account. I was like ??? but because of his perfect feedback I didn't put too much on it.

Two weeks after that, he files a claim w/ Paypal that he never received the item. It was shipped first class which was my $@%#%$* fault. Priority or Expresswould've been too expensive.

I immediately re-file a claim for fraud, provide Paypal a copy of proof of shipment and point out the buyer cancelled his Ebay account for no reason.

Today Paypal rules in HIS favor and refunds the money. He provided nothing but a simple note saying, "Not received the toy" and got his money back.Seriously, it can't be this easy. At least I gave proof that it was shipped.

I want to report internet fraud but I imagine it won't get very far. What else can I do?

You should've got delivery/signature confirmation.
When it comes to things like this its rare that they rule in your favor so you're basically assed out.

If I post his info, will NT detectives go to work?

Kinda like that incident when dude got scammed for his kicks and the buyer posted pics on his Myspace.

If you can get a hold of my Prime, just Paypal me $25 and it's yours. I just wanna get this dude back.

If it were here in the US I could definitely find all kinds of info with the name or address, but China is another story...

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

You can't get that on an international first class package. Maybe sig. confirmation but for sure not delivery confirmation. The only real way to track anint'l package, as I've been told by postal workers, is to ship it express but that would've cost around $70.

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

wow thats horrible, how much did the toy sell for?>

It sold for $225. It was around $25 to ship. Both the box, figure, and stickers were clean. I'm so pissed right now.

Unless you're a power seller that provides ebay with 1k's of $'s in fees per month you' re SOL.

I've know people to get *+%#%# over by Paypal even when they had confirmation. Although confirmation would've greatly improved your chances.

A basic and a simple rule of PayPal, for every shipment have a tracking number, and if you don't do that, you're basically setting yourself up. PlusFirst Class mail can take about a month to deliver.

Originally Posted by OGbobbyjohnson773

I'd ask young dr0, he's pretty good with Paypal.
haha
indifferent.gif
That thread does not carry into or have anyconcerns with this thread. As for op? I really don't know, you can re open the case by contacting with paypal again, but this time list the reasons youtold us A about how he canceled ebay account for no reason, B you did have delivery confirmation right?

Originally Posted by ThrowbacksInSF

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

You can't get that on an international first class package. Maybe sig. confirmation but for sure not delivery confirmation. The only real way to track an int'l package, as I've been told by postal workers, is to ship it express but that would've cost around $70.
True, I wasn't even thinking of that.
The only thing you can really do at this point is post the info and hope someone from that area is on here and willing to help.

ALWAYS and I repeat always ship express when shipping outside of the US.

If they dont want to pay for it then theyre beat and just relist.

Its not worth it.

Only way to get that fool back ...

By a one way ticket to china .. Find his culo get your revenge and assume his identity .... yeah .. thats payback for sure my dude

Here it is. Have at it:

Zhang Jun

402 No. 16 DaLangWan 958 Xinsong Rd.

Minhang District Shanghai 201100

China

(133)-700-15522

email: [email protected]

I don't know how China addresses are formatted but that's exactly how the buyer listed it.

If you find this man, DDT him onto a pile of thumbtacks and the figure is yours free.

Originally Posted by SoLeSuPrEmE

A basic and a simple rule of PayPal, for every shipment have a tracking number, and if you don't do that, you're basically setting yourself up. Plus First Class mail can take about a month to deliver.

incorrect. paypal always sides with the buyer. Im -245 bucks right now cause they ruled in favor of the buyer when I use their shipping service to ship and hadproof of shipment and delivery.

Oh my... This is scary especially that we're in to e-commerce... & use Paypal...

same thing happened to me man...this is why im always weary of overseas buyers. theres just NO WAY to put a tracking info in there...you should have investedwith insurance that is the only way you could have covered yourself.

Paypal SUCKS. They really will side with the buyer no matter if you ship and have a shipping receipt from the post office. Scammers use this as a loop hole butit will only work with chumps who go the cheap route (like you and me).

But man id be heated too. that sounds like a steal for $225. What sucks is that, you sold the item, and got hit with the $15 ebay fee.

Man the same thing happened to me when i sold a pair of Huaraches LE's to a dude in Germany. I never ship overseas for anything anymore...point blank. Alesson learned on my part and hopefully yours as well, and i can feel your pain because i'm a transformers head myself, i planned to sell my Art AsylumSoundwave statue along with some TF titanium figures next month.

Also i heard of Propay.com as an alternative method to accept payment with ebay. Don't know their track record for good service but worth a looking over.

Back
Top Bottom