It just keeps getting better... VOL. SILICON SLOPES

Last year, or about two years I ago I posted about how Provo was rated the happiest city in the U.S.

http://niketalk.com/t/588962/the-happiest-city-in-the-u-s-vol-provo

Well this year we got highlight by CNN Money as the best job market in the U.S. (No lie, if you need a high paying job, come out here. This place is literally booming right now.)

http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/13/news/economy/boomtown-america-provo-utah/

Jobs in the Provo area grew at the fastest pace of any town in the United States last year. It's unemployment rate is an enviable 2.7%, nearly half the national average of 5%, according to the U.S. Labor Department. Provo's 5.2% annual jobs growth through November far outpaces the 1.9% gains nationally.

Google gave us Free internet:

One factor luring businesses of all stripes: wicked fast internet. Google (GOOG) awarded Provo with its Google Fiber program in 2014. That means residents and businesses have lightning fast internet -- something tech start ups especially love, locals say.

And we're a town of young people

Provo metro area population is over half a million and its workforce is about 274,000 people.

And it's really young. Over half the population in Provo is under 30 years old, according to Census data.

Yeah there's always someone that says something negative about this place, but overall it's an awesome place to live.

Also, cost of housing is nice...

We pay 900 bucks a month for a three bedroom house, utilities included. Internet is free thanks to Google.

utah is bland af.

and its like 80% white  

nah fam. 

houston > provo

utah is bland af.
and its like 80% white  

nah fam. 

houston > provo

http://archive.sltrib.com/story.php...9431-90/percent-utah-population-2012.html.csp

Census • Rate of increase of minority population twice the white growth rate.

We taken over though bruh

If current trends continue, minorities could outnumber whites in Utah perhaps around 2050 —�with that transition happening as early as 2035 in the nation as a whole and perhaps in places such as Salt Lake City, West Valley City, Ogden and Midvale, says Pam Perlich, senior research economist at the University of Utah.

Last edited:
I went to salt lake city in October and it was really nice. I'm a fan of Utah.

I've been to Utah and no doubt its a beautiful place, but I'm not living there. I don't care how "great" economy is and whatever attractions you say they have or will have its still Utah bruh. I'm staying in Socal! Sure there are pros and cons everywhere but again I'm in Southern California! In comparison, Utah will always be a Hyundai no matter how much it wants to be or looks like a Mercedes. Just saying.

-SAlNlDllvllAlNl-

Everytime you make a thread advertising Provo, I think about that scene in Oceans Twelve. :lol:

Aint **** out there bruh.

Everytime you make a thread advertising Provo, I think about that scene in Oceans Twelve. :lol:

Aint **** out there bruh.

:lol: I had no idea that they mentioned Provo.

It's cool though, I'm not trying to convince anyone to move out here.

It's not bad though, like being from Seattle, I don't mind it out here Free concerts, good food, beautiful girls, it's not bad.

Last edited:
i F's with Utah. Got hella fambs out there, some show love some on that grimey ****. Heard BYU got a nice acct program.

Last edited:
The funny thing about it is he was doing exactly what youre doing, trying to sell Provo. :lol:
:lol: nah I know, I was humble braggin more though.

It don't really bother me if no one comes out here, it's chill. I just thought it was dope CNN did an article about us. We've had a lot of dope things happening like free concerts, free Google fiber and all that.

Back
Top Bottom