It's that time of year NT, Snowboarding season is about to be in full effect.

Re: It's that time of year NT, Snowboarding season is about to be FREEWAY in full effect.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
sorry, but when i read the title i started singing the chorus.

but yo, ive always wanted to ski. ever since i was younger and i saw the Simpsons where Mr. Burns had the workers in the snow in the mountains. and i cantbelieve those Nike Snow boots have zoom in them. are u really gonna feel it while u ski? i actually want to move to a place like those pics on the first page,but i am terrified of an avalanche. i wanna do this soooo bad.
frown.gif

Im Ready...

Stratton, Killington, Mt. Snow VT here i come...

216152e35497c1edfef52a65bbb3bb9c82ed734.jpg

cc32581ede5059ccc21e0f34f061f6305867877.jpg
a5625f3ed254195ec06edcc8c2d1592bbd7f8c9.jpg

Burton Andy Warhol with some Mission bindings... got last years Shaun White boots.

I can't wait, the best part about living in Oregon...I'm slacking though, I cracked my all mountain board and still havent gotten a new one

Originally Posted by TheAbove

What brands should I be looking at?!

I'm looking into getting a jacket, more for casual purposes than snowboarding.

I'm thinking going with a well insulated, fully taped jacket probably with a removable liner.

Any reason why I should go otherwise with a shell?

Should I buy a proper fleece if I get shell jacket?

For casual more than performance, you can't go wrong with a North Face triclimate. It has the shell with the removable liner, and it gets the job done.Just google it and something should come up.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
sorry, but when i read the title i started singing the chorus.

but yo, ive always wanted to ski. ever since i was younger and i saw the Simpsons where Mr. Burns had the workers in the snow in the mountains. and i cant believe those Nike Snow boots have zoom in them. are u really gonna feel it while u ski? i actually want to move to a place like those pics on the first page, but i am terrified of an avalanche. i wanna do this soooo bad.
frown.gif

Ski boots and snowboarding boots are different. You have to snap into skis while you strap into a snowboard. Even if Nike did make ski boots, there's noway they can make them look good. An avalanche won't happen unless you're somewhere in Utah, doing a heli-drop. Whether you ski or board, you'regonna fall a lot and be sore as hell. Just make sure you bring some Advil with you.

I've lived in Utah all of my 22 years and last year was my first year Snowboarding. My friend just took me down the mountain, no practice or anything. Gotmy $!+ handed to me plenty of times, but once I picked it up, I was having a blast. I need to buy a season pass. Canyons or Park City i hope but I'llprobably get one to Sundance seeing as its 10 minutes away and I can go right after class.

$%@% snowboarding

I went snowboardin last Valentines day for the first time , the first couple of times down were ok , but then my cuzin convinced me to go down the expert hill. So like an +#%!++% I do and some jerk cuts me off and I go tumblin down the *$#*%* hill . When I stopped rolling , I unstrapped the board and stood up and Iswear my knee was missing .The snowboard went down the rest of the hill and one of them snow patrol dudes told me I had to get off the snow becuz I broke arule of letting my snowboard slide down the hill , and he sed it was dangerous . Im lookin at him like , "my man , this dude jus cut me off , sent metumblin down a hill , and u gonna tell me I have to get off the snow ? " I felt like kickin him in the shin with them heavy #%% boots .. Anyways , my kneegot !#@!#* up pretty bad , and I've never been able to play basketball the same ... thank you snowboarding
smile.gif

I live in SoFla so this isnt possible for me, but ive ALWAYS wanted to try snowboarding.

It definitely seems like something i could see myself doing consistently if i lived in a cold area

I tried it last december for the first time and I loved it. I hate all you that get to snowboard on a normal basis. Once im done with school I wanna move toanywhere with semi consistent snow. I don't play paintball anymore so I really need a new hobbie.

Verdykt, I can't believe I'm saying this but you are a lucky man if you're living in Utah. Only place great for snowboarding on the east coast isVermont, which I'm hitting up this winter break. But I hear stories from friends that head out to Park City, they can't stop talking about it. One dayI'll get my Vinny Chase on and hit up Sundance and go snowboarding.

I'm with you! I actually have a snowboarding pass this year so I'll be able to go up as much as I want. It's nice not having to buy lift tickets orsnowboarding gear this year...

Since were on the subject, heres a video of my friends and I riding last season.� We make one every year.� All of the filming was done primarily in So Cal (Mt�High, Big Bear) with some Mammoth footy added in.� Tell me what you think!

Nice video man!

Even though Im more of a freeride guy the video makes me want to go grinding with you
smile.gif

Some of you got some nice skills too!

Great vid man. I'm not much of a freestyle guy, but I need to expand my horizons. Any tips when it comes to freestyle?

I will be rockin the Nike Zoom Force this winter....they look tight. I will sbe nowboarding in Taos and Santa Fe...I am from Los Angeles but NM is a beautifulplace and the mountains are way better than big bear and mountain high.

TAOS

taos2003.jpg

Santa FE

KW%201.jpg

Anyone need a brand new set of Burton Custom White/Clear bindings, size M (8-10)? I'm letting them go for like $60 + shipping.

I'm so ready. I had major surgery in March and didn't know if I was going to be able to ride this season. I saw my doctor a couple of weeks ago and hecleared me to go snowboarding. I'm so pumped. I already booked my flight to Seattle to board at Baker before Christmas with my homie and I'm going toTahoe a week after that. It's going to be an awesome winter break. I can't wait.

Im tryna figure out a way to get out to Washington for Spring Break to do a weekend of riding on the West Coast
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Im tryna figure out a way to get out to Washington for Spring Break to do a weekend of riding on the West Coast
pimp.gif
too bad we are hella dry this year.. probably have to wait til later this month to hit the slopes..

Back
Top Bottom