It's time to lock Charles Rogers up...

Reaction score
Bumpin the old thread....we have yet another update today:

Rogers arrested after passing out

January 6, 2009

NOVI, Mich. -- Police say ex-Detroit Lions and Michigan State receiver Charles Rogers has been arrested after apparently drinking too much and passing out at a Mexican restaurant.

He's scheduled to appear Wednesday in district court.

Novi Deputy Chief Tom Lindberg said Wednesday that Rogers was arrested at the suburban Detroit restaurant Tuesday afternoon on a warrant for disobeying a sobriety court order. Lindberg says Rogers was visibly intoxicated Tuesday and was taken to a hospital.

A police source said Rogers was taken into custody at about 3:15 p.m. ET after employees were unable to rouse him and feared he may have had a heart attack, the Detroit News reported.

"We were called to the restaurant on a medical run and he was taken to Providence Park Hospital for observation," Lindberg said, according to the report. He did not disclose the nature of the medical problem.

Just to note this was the original thread from last September:

...either in jail or rehab. Before he kills himself or somebody else.

Latest now is he was found passed out in his car with it running and in gear
nono.gif

Charles Rogers Arraigned on Alcohol-Related Charges

NOVI, Mich. - Troubled former Detroit Lions wideout Charles Rogers was arraigned on alcohol-related charges Thursday in a Novi court.

He was arrested Wednesday night after officers discovered him unresponsive behind the wheel of his still running, and in gear, Mercedes on Meadowbrook Road.

Rogers failed a field sobriety test and was arrested for Operating a Motor Vehicle While Intoxicated and Operating a Motor Vehicle While License Not Valid.

Both charges are misdemeanors that carry a penalty of up to 93 days in jail and/or $500 fine.

Rogers, a former Michigan State star and first round draft pick, had recently signed to play in the Canadian Football League, but reports say he's ineligible to play because he's still under suspenion by the NFL.

Forgot to add this:

It was at 2 PM during the day.

I was also going to include the regular list of arrests/citations/accusations against dude but it took too long.

I don't see what this guy is going to do ...... His NFL dreams is officially dead. He has like 9 kids to raise .. With no money or future prospects .. Ifanyone seriously needs a Tony
Dungy in their life, he does

Yeah Tony Dungy should help this kid. The most disturbing part was it occured in the early afternoon. He needs professional help.

7 days ago:

Rogers gets 20 days to respond to Lions lawsuit

A federal judge has given Charles Rogers and the National Football League Players Association a 20-day deadline to file a response to a lawsuit in which the Detroit Lions seek to recover $6.1 million from the former Michigan State star.

An arbitrator ruled last year that Rogers must repay two-thirds of a $9.1 million signing bonus. Rogers was the Lions' first-found pick of the 2003 NFL draft.

The arbitrator ruled that Rogers defaulted on his contract in 2005 when he served a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. The Lions cut him the following season.

Rogers has not repaid the money and the Lions sued him Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Detroit.

Rogers, the second overall pick in the 2003 draft, recently served jail time for violating his probation in a domestic-violence case.

The case is assigned to U.S. District Judge Julian Cook.

I wasn't gunna say anything because Kevin Grady was in the same state not too long ago but it was at least at night. Not mid afternoon.

Chuck needs some help. And I agree he should be locked up or in a rehab center.

Am I the only one that wanted to smack jemele hill during that interview???

Charles: I was smokin everyday
Jemele: as in what???
Charles: umm marijuana

Charles:then I got into the pill game
Jemele: as in what??? prescription pills???
Charles: umm yea

Charles: I was lamborghini livin'
Jemele: what does that mean??
Charles:umm livin the fast life #%# u think it means??

I mean jesus christ does she not know anything?? does she really need clarification for everything that dude says??

Back
Top Bottom