iTunes is lame

The program just deleted my entire library...all 35GB...so now I have to add all those damn files to the library again.

It is taking forever.

indifferent.gif
@Apple for being a Nazi and it's crap of a program.

how did that happen?

I've been using Itunes for the longest and I have yet to encounter any problem.

I deleted iTunes a couple years ago and never looked back. There's no reason for iTunes to make an iTunes folder where they copy your entire library justso it can be compatible/play. It just takes up space. I grew tired of the constant updates.

Yea it had some perks as far as how you view your artwork and making play lists but I'm good with windows media player.

MediaMonkey >>>>> iTunes

iTunes just might be the easiest music program I've ever used. I don't understand how people have problems with it.

As for losing your songs, it's good practice to backup all your files, regardless of whether it's music, documents, photos, etc. No one's fault butyours to have one copy on your computer hard drive.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

There's no reason for iTunes to make an iTunes folder where they copy your entire library just so it can be compatible/play.
That's true

I like my iTunes though. I don't plan on updating because it gets more worse with every update.

I dont know how people own an iphone/ipod and not use Itunes. Its just simpler to use. I remember I used to open up itunes and winamp. Itunes to sync andwinamp to play the music. Both programs were bogging down my computer so I was like screw it, Itunes from now on.

Besides the slow #*% time it took to access the sync page (which has been fixed in Itune 9), I havent had a problem since.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Originally Posted by Master Zik

There's no reason for iTunes to make an iTunes folder where they copy your entire library just so it can be compatible/play.
That's true

I like my iTunes though. I don't plan on updating because it gets more worse with every update.
What I do is drag my music that I newly *acquired*
nerd.gif
toiTunes, this automatically adds it to your library and it makes a copy in the iTunes folder, I then delete the original folder with the music in it. Thus, onefolder of songs in your hard drive and there isn't a duplicate. When you only use iTunes, why would you need another location for the music? Even then, youcan specify whatever other media player you are using to open the music from the iTunes folder.

It sounds like you guys are just lazy or are against the idea of all your music folders being inside the iTunes folder
laugh.gif

you guys know you can disable the copy everything into the itunes folder right?
I'd never let itunes actually manage my folders, waste of space.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

iTunes just might be the easiest music program I've ever used. I don't understand how people have problems with it.

As for losing your songs, it's good practice to backup all your files, regardless of whether it's music, documents, photos, etc. No one's fault but yours to have one copy on your computer hard drive.
yup.

are you serious 35 gb is nothing...i lost 80 gb a while back on my external and i took a break from music for a good year cuz i was so angry....

now i have over 340+gb of music which can last over 188 days....if i lost any of my music now i would probly be complaining like you are...but 35gigs cmonthats nothing...seriously

This is like the third time I've read about this on NT.

Did this happen during a software update?

- its funny how the same thing Microsoft is accused of doing Apple is also doing but gets a pass. i cant stand either one and the tactics they use to keepeverything in house.

Originally Posted by ll K R E A M 15 ll

are you serious 35 gb is nothing...i lost 80 gb a while back on my external and i took a break from music for a good year cuz i was so angry....

now i have over 340+gb of music which can last over 188 days....if i lost any of my music now i would probly be complaining like you are...but 35gigs cmon thats nothing...seriously
WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY??????????

Im mad because it doesnt know how to sorta episodes of tv shows on my ipod. I added like 30 episodes of its always sunny and theyre in random order
indifferent.gif

just disable the option that makes a duplicate copy into itunes folder.

its really not that hard. then you won't have the same file twice.

i personally used to prefer managing my music separately, but i have converted to letting itunes do it.

I'm mad I followed their instructions to copy my library (switching to a new laptop) and I ended up with all the music that wasn't organized. Not onlythat, the library didn't even copy all of the albums.

Back
Top Bottom