[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

I'm not going to front. The first time I've heard of him is on BP3 and I see a 30+ page on him so I need to check this guy out. Can anyone post a linkto the mixtape for me please? If it's on page 1 I can't see because I'm on my phone. What's the name of the mixtapes/songs to be on the lookoutfor?

His 1st official mixtape is called The Come Up, his latest is called The Warm Up
pimp.gif
Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

dap to my man gone in 60 seconds for this new J cole

some of the #!#+ is old though but at the same time some new stuff

none the less

http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2009/06/j-cole-american-dreamin’-a-history-lesson-on-j-cole

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

I have listened to the Warm Up and I love it but is the Come Up as good?!
Not really imo but it's worth the listen.

You'd be able to recognize & appreciate his growth from The Come Up to The Warm Up
Good looks....I shall check it out.

that verse was scarily similar to lupe's debut verse on "touch the sky." the cadence, rhyme structure, flow, all that.. and he spit it at thevery end of the song also. j. cole sounds exactly like lupe on some songs, actually.

YO!
Originally Posted by inspectah derek

J. Cole is the best thing to happen to hip-hop and rap since Lupe Fiasco

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

that verse was scarily similar to lupe's debut verse on "touch the sky." the cadence, rhyme structure, flow, all that.. and he spit it at the very end of the song also. j. cole sounds exactly like lupe on some songs, actually.

That's exactly who he's reminding me of as I listen.

Again, I wanna take the time out to appreciate the Music Forum. I left you guys a while ago; that's partly why it's like the Wild Wild West of NT...but you dudes were on the homie Cole a minute ago. Cats were trying to put me on and I slept. But some of you still recognize good music when you hear it.
pimp.gif

DF!!!

I just got back from seeing J. Cole perform at NC State. I swear I was the only one in there spittin Grown Simba word for word! lol

He spit a couple new verses too. If yall get a chance to see him live don't hesitate.

THANK U NT for puttin me up on this dude! Dude goes Hard (No H**o)

"The Warm up" from the Intro til the end is straight Piffness
pimp.gif

dude is truth!

PEEP SIG
wink.gif

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

Aight I gotta check for this dude, he ripped it on A Star Is Born...the boy had a vicious flow.

So I gotta checkout The Warm Up? That's an official mixtape?
The Warm Up and The Come Up. Both official. He only got 2 mixtapes. 3rd is on its way.

that verse was scarily similar to lupe's debut verse on "touch the sky." the cadence, rhyme structure, flow, all that.. and he spit it at the very end of the song also. j. cole sounds exactly like lupe on some songs, actually.
intentional by kanye?
nerd.gif

grown simba blew my mind the first time i heard it..so i jus played it again..best song ever
laugh.gif

can't wait for 10/25

i mess with jermaine but at this point, it's not looking like my dude is going anywhere. they're about to drop lights please as a single? lmao. goodluck with that and then they redid that mess with basically no additional music. that beat is way too boring and amateur sounding to be a single, man.. idon't know who told them that's a good idea. then he said he's gonna produce most of his debut album.. why? it's gonna sound exactly like thecome up, and even though it's a dope mixtape, it's not gonna sound good as an album.

r.i.p.

i mess with jermaine but at this point, it's not looking like my dude is going anywhere. they're about to drop lights please as a single? lmao. good luck with that and then they redid that mess with basically no additional music. that beat is way too boring and amateur sounding to be a single, man.. i don't know who told them that's a good idea. then he said he's gonna produce most of his debut album.. why? it's gonna sound exactly like the come up, and even though it's a dope mixtape, it's not gonna sound good as an album.

r.i.p.
I don't know what you are talking about. But things are looking really good for him. He's going on tour with Hov and hes the face of JimmyJazz right now. And if I'm not mistaken they been shot the video for Lights Please. Even though its not a smash having a video is better than no video atall. And I doubt he will produce most of his album because at the end of the day it's all up to the label.

yeah, you're right. i hope he doesn't produce but one or two tracks of his album but you never know, they might think it's a good idea, in hopesthat he'll be the next kanye. the tour is a good look, too but they're gonna need to come with something with a little bit more appeal than lightsplease if he's trying to succeed. it's a great album song though.

Back
Top Bottom