[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

No Role Modelz and Wet Dreamz stood out the most from the album. Solid album but it slowed down big time towards the end like Born Sinner. It's probably done like that for a reason, but overall great album.

good album. I need way more listens to give a rating.

Caught myself singin the intro waiting in line lol

Do you wanna, do you wanna be...........happy?

:\ |I

Lmao I couldn't believe what I was hearing. This album isn't that good. Settle down.
A lot of generic beats. A lot of generic song topics. Ya we get it cole, no girl wanted you cause you weren't a ball player. We'll never see 'the warm up' cole again. It's said

I love the dynamics of GOMD. The reason the ignorant chorus has an enlightening purpose of showing how a lot of us keep up this façade that could be the exact opposite of how we're feeling. 'The part that the thugs skip' touched me personally. :lol: :frown:

And that sample. Might be my favorite song along with A Tale of Two Citiez.

You know what man. I am glad you quoted me and said this my dude. Upon a further more listening's of the album, GOMD has grown on me a lot. I do like the meaning behind the song as you explained......the hook doesn't bother me as much now.

This song is like Cole's "Backseat Freestyle"

Oh and yeah Tale of Two Citiez! :pimp:

eek.gif

300+ WITH ALMOST 0 PROMOTION.

That's ******* insane.
pimp.gif
******* crazy man...
mean.gif

pimp.gif

Copped at Target this morning. Spun it twice all the way through whole cleaning the whip. Old head in his Benz asked me who it was. Told him J. Cole. Set of horns and a halo. Album is too ill.

Cole apparently puts the whole world to sleep... Even though he doubles nearly every current rappers' sales. (outside of legends like Jay, Kanye or Em obviously)

Just a funny thought. :lol:

Last edited:
I believe it was a smart move to have little to no promo. Bills up the HYPE even more for a project! Main this is to see how it holds up in the following weeks. Hopefully well!

Don't think in this music age you really need too much promotion with social media and great following to Sale records. Mac Miller did well last year going up against Cole and Ye with no promotion also.

Only a select few can do this in the industry

Cole apparently puts the whole world to sleep... Even though he doubles nearly every current rappers' sales. (outside of legends like Jay, Kanye or Em obviously)

Forgot Lil Wayne and of course Drake. Curious to see how Nicki is going to sell next week.

Last edited:

Man I remember arguing with somebody about how popular Cole was after SS came out and dude told me nobody knew who he was. Mind you, SS was Grammy nominated at the time :lol:

Just a funny thought.
laugh.gif
Man I remember arguing with somebody about how popular Cole was after SS came out and dude told me nobody knew who he was. Mind you, SS was Grammy nominated at the time
laugh.gif
I remember being at word seeing mad chicks copping the album thinking my man Jermaine
smokin.gif

I understand that nothing in this world is universally liked.

There's a lot of artists that do sales that aren't my cup of tea, so I'm fully understanding that a few of my friends ain't a fan.

But it's a whole other thing to say someone that so many people are obviously such a big fan of (which numbers back up) is "horrible" or "boring."

He may be boring to you, but 350,000 other people who are copping that album feel otherwise.

Obviously artists who sell high numbers are doing something right. They're appealing to the masses, so they can't be as horrible as you say.

To be objective, I cant stand Taylor Swift. I think she's really annoying and I can't stand her music... BUT, I would be an idiot to say she's a horrible artist because obviously there are millions of people who enjoy the music she puts out. As much as I dislike her, I can admit she's a smart girl whose marketing herself perfectly to make millions.

Not everyone is our cup of tea, but it doesn't mean they aren't doing their job well.

Back
Top Bottom