[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Just saw the Letterman performance...wow....mad real. A lot of respect to Cole to use that platform to promote this instead of his own album.

Video on YT for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Haven't been moved like this in a long time. What a time to deliver a performance like this. It's rare that the stars align in terms of the state of country being as it is, and you being able to deliver a performance revolving around it. This was an opportunity to seize a moment in time and he did that man. Legit moved from that.

That performance on Letterman :wow:

I'm not the biggest fan of his music but I'll root for him. I've seen him compared to Drake a lot recently, which is some BS to me. Drake has no substance to his music like Cole does

Last edited:
First album Cole tried hard for commercial success, second album he tried to toe the line. This time he's throwing caution to the wind and making music. Dope.

Last edited:
That performance man…

MORENO-TEARS.gif

Last edited:
First album Cole tried hard for commercial success, second album he tried to toe the line. This time he's throwing caution to the wind and making music. Dope.

Gotta play the game to change the game :pimp:

Salute to Cole for being brave enough to do that performance, even with all the potential outcomes. Don't see how any true hip-hop fan can't appreciate an artist like this.

Gotta play the game to change the game :pimp:

Salute to Cole for being brave enough to do that performance, even with all the potential outcomes. Don't see how any true hip-hop fan can't appreciate an artist like this.

Performance was selfless... I really enjoyed it.

Sheesh. I ain't even a j cole fan like that but that letterman performance gave me chills. Good to see a brother on TV not afraid to spit some real ****.

J. Cole man caught something serious last night, and im not even a giant fan.

Forest hill drive is just okay but that letterman performance was something serious, which he could could get that vibe on an album.

Seeing that performance and hearing firesquad makes me realize why all the "certain ppl" are hating on this j cole album :lol: makes sense now

Wale probably heated as **** right now with the buzz Cole getting off of a minuscule 2 week promo run... Meanwhile he's been tryna promote his new album for almost a year everywhere, with Jerry Seinfeld, with no one paying attention :lol:

Last edited:
This album isn't it man. Cole needs someone else producing some of these songs.

FNL is still his best work.

Cole's career arch is coming full circle.

This the type of album that cole wanted to make from jump. Be Free is the type of music he's wanted to make since the jump.

You have to remember, this is a guy who's a huge conspiracy theorist. He's a guy who used to preach how the black condition was being severely worsened due to reality tv shows like Flavor of Love :lol: hell that's actually where Lights Please, I Get Up, Loosing My Balance, BreakDown, Lost Ones, Wet Dreamz, etc. (No coincidence all these records originated around the same time period) those kind of vintage J. Cole records came from. He was the one being that big activist in college. This is him.

However, somewhere along the lines (Between FNL and SS IMO) he forgot that and tried to straddle that fine of being that J. Cole, and trying to be this big successful radio guy with a bunch of hits without substance. So you get records like Can't Get Enough, Nobody's Perfect, Work out, (Which I love) which aren't bad records, but they really aren't the type of records that Cole originally got a buzz from in the first place. It's almost as if Cole felt he had to make those records to become a big time star which to the point, they've aided in the cause. He is a big time star now.

But it seems like he's going back and taking steps to find that old J. Cole back. And when the returns come back for this week, it'll aid in brining that J. Cole back to the surface.

Back
Top Bottom