[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Screenshot_20180426-194318.jpg

KOD gets better with every listen..

There’s 4 tracks, which are my favorite that I keep on a separate playlist, in case I’m just in the mood for variety and other artists as well. I like to play The album in full... not many weaknesses on this

On my first listen I did not really know what to think.
I was confused, i couldn't tell if i liked it, loved it, hated it, was underwhelmed, etc.

On my 10th listen, this is a masterpiece.
It is completely different from FHD.
Forest Hill Drive i play when i want feel good tracks, or catchy **** like No Role Modelz to just nod my head to while i drive.
This is **** I want to keep listening to on my headphones and vibe out to. It makes me reflect, think, and want to better my life.

If i had to give it a grade off first listen I was in the 7.5/10 range.
But now that i fully understand what he was trying to accomplish with it and am enjoying it so much more from start to finish, it is a solid 9/10 project.

With that said, as one of his OG fans, I still know he can put together even better. I hope The Fall Off is what Ive always thought his potential could create both lyrically and musically. :pimp:

J. Cole’s 4 Your Eyez Only bounds in at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart, granting the rapper his fourth chart-topper and notching the third-largest debut of 2016, according to Nielsen Music. The set earned 492,000 equivalent album units in the week ending Dec. 15. Only the bows of Drake’s Views (1.04 million units) and Beyonce’s Lemonade (653,000) were larger this year.

Of J. Cole’s overall 492,000 unit start, 363,000 were in traditional album sales -- the third-biggest weekly sales sum for a single album this year. Again, it trails only the arrivals of Views (852,000 sold in its first week) and Lemonade (a 485,000 sales launch).

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7625536/j-cole-fourth-no-1-billboard-200

Glad I remembered to cop the signed vinyl and t yesterday on his shop. Haven't spun an album front to back so much in the first week since 4:44 dropped.

I can't be the only one who hears a slight Lupe flow on the second half of BRACKETS.

I don’t hear it, but his first verse on Neighbors from 4YEO always reminded me of a Lupe flow.

Reminded me of Lupe on US Placers for some reason....

Decided to give KOD a rest for awhile so I didn’t play it out, as I listened to it waaaay too many times in a row after it dropped.

Went back to it last night and let it ride front to back, just in case I was being a prisoner of the moment and hyping it up in my head.

Nope. I can confirm that this **** is dope as hell all the way through. People complaining about the production can kick rocks. The sound of this album will age well.

Back
Top Bottom