[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

I don’t understand why people are calling this a mixtape.

Album grew on me heavy and is flames.

Apple Music:

1DDD1075-5ADA-454C-BB3A-BF571E19704D.jpeg

Apple Music:

1DDD1075-5ADA-454C-BB3A-BF571E19704D.jpeg

They can call it a mixtape all the want...

Maybe my definition of “mixtape” and others aren’t the same.

2000’s era mixtapes are not what “mixtapes” today are. Mixtapes don’t have all original production either.

They can call it a mixtape all the want...

Maybe my definition of “mixtape” and others aren’t the same.

2000’s era mixtapes are not what “mixtapes” today are. Mixtapes don’t have all original production either.

The definition is not what it was in the 2000s lol. We are 20 years down the road. This isn’t an official album, regardless of the original production. A “warm up album” if anything.

From a pure rapping standpoint, Kendrick is a better rapper but I’m gonna be honest, even he has a lot of tracks that don’t stick or I’ll probably never listen to again. Kendrick’s “highs” are better than Jermaine’s in my opinion though both from a rapping and songwriter standpoint.

Man Cole called this an album, why is this even a question? :lol:
I think b/c he may have referred to it as a "mixtape" on that notepad, and Cole usually has more mainstream sound. This does have a mixtape vibe though. He put a lot of emphasis on rapping rapping on this one.

Hell yeah (Ooh)
****, you know what it is, *****
Don't even dare
****** try to act like they don't—, *****
That's why I gotta flex sometimes
'Cause ****** just try to act like you just not that mother****in' *****, like
Like you just really don't do it how you do it
Like ****** will really try to act like you don't do what you do
***** look you dead in your face
And really act like you don't do it to the level that you do it
That's why sometimes you gotta come through and just do it at the level that you do it in front of every ***** face
So they know the difference between you, the real ******, and the motha****in' fraudulent ******, man
Don't never get it ****ed up
If a ***** can't do it like you do it sometimes you gotta do it in front of his ****in' face so he'll know forever
"Damn, that ***** did it how I always wanted to do it and I'll never be able to do it like that"
*****, it's a difference (Ah)

Back
Top Bottom