[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

I rank them FHD>TSS>BS

Only problem with TSS was a couple old songs and Work Out. BS just didn't have that banger I wanted. And on the Born Sinner announcement video I really was expecting to hear him rap on the beat at the end. Was so disappointed that wasn't on the album. FHD doesn't have that stand out verse to me but it's everything I have wanted to hear from Cole. Not a song on here I don't like.

giphy.gif

That performance and new verse...
Say what you want but this is the type of music we NEED right now....

indifferent.gif

That was a mixtape.

This generation's best? Doubt it. 

HIGHLY DOUBT IT!

--

Will cop this.... didn't cop any of his released albums. All his mixtapes go hard though. So this will be copped since I don't think it will be commercially appealing.
Nah. J Cole is a prominent voice in music for this generation. Hell, that performance last night at Letterman was powerful. This dude is JUST beginning.

But that verse is why I'm always underwhelmed by his albums. He clearly has elite level talent, but comes through with occasionally forgettable verses on albums.

I feel like he's always saving his best material for the "next album" which is never really the next album.

But that verse is why I'm always underwhelmed by his albums. He clearly has elite level talent, but comes through with occasionally forgettable verses on albums.

I feel like he's always saving his best material for the "next album" which is never really the next album.

I actually really agree with this.

In some way, shape or form... most of Cole's best verses are never actually on his album tracks.

Its why i KNOW his albums can be much better. Even as dope as FHD is, when you hear the mastery with the bars he rapped in that Be Free performance you cant help but to think...
Where is THAT on your albums?

He has elite skill, he just doesnt present it to its full potential on the LP's. :smh:

Its come a long way tho since Sideline Story. You can tell with FHD hes finally over that "i gotta sell records or its a wrap" stage...so he can finally start spittin and makin tracks the way we know he can.

Last edited:
Say what you want about Cole, but he probably has one of if not the best most supportive fan bases as far as sales go. As much as I check for rap, I didn't know he had an album coming until two weeks ago. Seems like he didn't even have a legit single either, so those sales projections are fantastic.

"No promo" was his promo. I've seen this album all over every website and everywhere on social media since it was announced like 4-5 weeks ago. The fact that he announced it so sudden and said he wouldn't promote it became promotion. **** has been spreading like crazy word of mouth. A few artists have started to do the "no promo" look.

That's crazy man. I know a lot of people that **** with Born Sinner hard. That's a REALLY good album; way better than his first.
better than his first isn't saying much. There was a noticeable dip in quality from FNL to sideline story. "heating up like that leftover lasagna"? "You feel like the **** but you can't out-fart me"? Not comparable to his tapes at all.

And BS isn't a bad project per se, but it's basically the equivalent of LeBron having a 20/4/4 game. He certainly didn't have a bad game, but it wasn't memorable either.

FNL? memorable

Warm Up? Memorable

That Letterman verse? Memorable

BS? Not so much.

I don't think I've seen anyone outside of Carolina who enjoyed BS as much as you.

Excluding the Nas track, every other song on that project is forgettable. I still can't believe he didn't give Kendrick a verse, only the hook.

Who do you listen to? I'm talking strictly hip hop wise...
Cole Kendrick Krit Gibbs Royce Killer Mike Jay Elect Nas when I'm chillin solo.

If I'm throwing a party I put on that ratchet **** tho.

Damn that Letterman performance.

"And since all the ballers leaving college early, I turn on the TV and don't see no brothas with degrees lately"

Real ****. :smh:

Last edited:
better than his first isn't saying much. There was a noticeable dip in quality from FNL to sideline story. "heating up like that leftover lasagna"? "You feel like the **** but you can't out-fart me"? Not comparable to his tapes at all.

And BS isn't a bad project per se, but it's basically the equivalent of LeBron having a 20/4/4 game. He certainly didn't have a bad game, but it wasn't memorable either.

FNL? memorable

Warm Up? Memorable

That Letterman verse? Memorable

BS? Not so much.
Cole Kendrick Krit Gibbs Royce Killer Mike Jay Elect Nas when I'm chillin solo.

If I'm throwing a party I put on that ratchet **** tho.

Same here...well besides Gibbs and Royce...but off the strength of Premo I know I'll listen to his new project soon.

The Angie Martinez interview is dope, especially for those confused about the supposed Eminem shot. Cole is definitely one of those artist that hip-hop needs right now, hopefully more emerge within this era.

This dude Cole is really driving around NY to sign anyone's album who tweets him right now...

Come to Cali Jermaine :smh:

Last edited:
Angie interview as why dude is in the position he is... like thats why i support dude. It may not come out word for word in the music but the thoughts behind them are always there.

Fire interview

Meh, cd is just aight to me. 11 song sin so far, have only really liked 2-3. role models, apparently and the one about him being a virgin but wanting to smash, I remember those exact feels in my younger days lol. I liked his last cd a lot more though. This isnt really anything I'd listen to over and over. Still my dude though, just kind of disappointed and unsatisfied in his latest release. shrugs.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

That performance and new verse...
Say what you want but this is the type of music we NEED right now....

I feel you, this is the album I didn't even know I needed. Took a couple rotations but there's a couple tracks that really hit me in the feels, some real heartfelt honest music and some on point production. Definitively my favorite Cole project to date.

Back
Top Bottom