J cole...?

Where is this guy.. It seems to me like he is about to get on Joe Budden status. My dude has mad skills and talent but he is just not cut out for this commercial state of hip hop. It sucks because I have been supporting this guy and bigging him up but its like hes one of those artists that when he drops something there is mad hype, and then a week later hes back to being unknown. Joe budden has madddd skills too, this dude apart from all his issues is wicked on the mic and as a lyricist he is sick but its just that same problem with Cole. I dont know if it their personality or what but they can't be stars. Now granted not every rapper should be a star but its hard to see talent go to waste.

Where is this guy.. It seems to me like he is about to get on Joe Budden status. My dude has mad skills and talent but he is just not cut out for this commercial state of hip hop. It sucks because I have been supporting this guy and bigging him up but its like hes one of those artists that when he drops something there is mad hype, and then a week later hes back to being unknown. Joe budden has madddd skills too, this dude apart from all his issues is wicked on the mic and as a lyricist he is sick but its just that same problem with Cole. I dont know if it their personality or what but they can't be stars. Now granted not every rapper should be a star but its hard to see talent go to waste.

Originally Posted by OnTheNephs

What you been doing to him fam?

you serious my dude? Bigging him up.. is that all you got out that post. I thought that was common slang amongst all regions, but ill rephrase for you. Telling people about him.

you serious my dude? Bigging him up.. is that all you got out that post. I thought that was common slang amongst all regions, but ill rephrase for you. Telling people about him.

He just put out a mixtape like 2 months ago, been touring, & sooner or later his album will release... Pretty busy as of late to me.

I don't see his talent going to waste either. Not everyone is cut out to have mainstream appeal. If he doesn't have that, it doesn't mean his career should be looked down on.

He just put out a mixtape like 2 months ago, been touring, & sooner or later his album will release... Pretty busy as of late to me.

I don't see his talent going to waste either. Not everyone is cut out to have mainstream appeal. If he doesn't have that, it doesn't mean his career should be looked down on.

Am I the only one feeling like OP has been living under a rockDude just started a European tour wit Drake this week...check his thread...he still slept on but not on the level u talking imo

Am I the only one feeling like OP has been living under a rockDude just started a European tour wit Drake this week...check his thread...he still slept on but not on the level u talking imo

Yall not hearing me correctly. I know what J cole been up to I been banged Friday Night Lights i know all this... But so what? when is his album dropping news comes about him when he is doing something and then it fades. There is no anticipation no build up. If this is Roc Nation's way of building up hype for him its so wrong. I know dude is ill i never said he wasn't or that he doesn't drop hype rhymes. Joe budden is ill too, and his career has been at one level his whole way through. I feel like thats the path J cole is headed.

Yall not hearing me correctly. I know what J cole been up to I been banged Friday Night Lights i know all this... But so what? when is his album dropping news comes about him when he is doing something and then it fades. There is no anticipation no build up. If this is Roc Nation's way of building up hype for him its so wrong. I know dude is ill i never said he wasn't or that he doesn't drop hype rhymes. Joe budden is ill too, and his career has been at one level his whole way through. I feel like thats the path J cole is headed.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Trying to hard bro

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Trying to hard bro

he has no mainstream appeal... only people checkin for him are college kids... and only the broke ones at that...

he has no mainstream appeal... only people checkin for him are college kids... and only the broke ones at that...

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Yeah true, what lyrical rapper now has mainstream appeal though? 
tired.gif

Yeah true, what lyrical rapper now has mainstream appeal though? 
tired.gif

maybe he's in the official J.Cole thread....
laugh.gif
  haha jk... dude needs to drop a radio single asap tho

maybe he's in the official J.Cole thread....
laugh.gif
  haha jk... dude needs to drop a radio single asap tho

I check for him and I am neither.

But I think OP probably expecting a jump on every beat and freestyle type push to promote his album or more videos. Which I can understand.

If that's even it.
nerd.gif

I check for him and I am neither.

But I think OP probably expecting a jump on every beat and freestyle type push to promote his album or more videos. Which I can understand.

If that's even it.
nerd.gif

You asking for all that, but then as soon as he turns into a star everyone will then say he's a pop star, sell out, and dont sound the same....

Back
Top Bottom