J cole...?

You asking for all that, but then as soon as he turns into a star everyone will then say he's a pop star, sell out, and dont sound the same....

Originally Posted by AF92

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

he has no mainstream appeal... only people checkin for him are college kids... and only the broke ones at that...

Yeah true, what lyrical rapper now has mainstream appeal though? 
tired.gif

jay-z, andre 3000, lupe fiasco, and a few others... its all about the songs u make... u can be lyrical rapping about anything but most lyrical rappers choose to rap about how lyrical they are or some other underground type subject matter... u dont have to move massive amounts of units u just have to have a couple single worthy songs and make an overall solid product...

Originally Posted by AF92

he has no mainstream appeal... only people checkin for him are college kids... and only the broke ones at that...

Yeah true, what lyrical rapper now has mainstream appeal though? 
tired.gif

jay-z, andre 3000, lupe fiasco, and a few others... its all about the songs u make... u can be lyrical rapping about anything but most lyrical rappers choose to rap about how lyrical they are or some other underground type subject matter... u dont have to move massive amounts of units u just have to have a couple single worthy songs and make an overall solid product...

im startin to see Nay's point. he may never drop.

ill buy/support everything he puts out, continue to "big him up" and all that, but he has to put the product out.

but not so much J.cole, ALLL of RAP MUSIC seems to have a short "shelf life" on the minds of us. never has a Nas album been talked about so little(DR) or S!!! thats waht i mean, i cant think of a recent album ive downloaded or purchased. i dont know...S!!!s wierd

how the hell is Jay electronica gonna drop if J. cole cant? music is gonna go away from signing to record deals i think...straight internet rappers, making money off Views or somethin...man im babbling

im startin to see Nay's point. he may never drop.

ill buy/support everything he puts out, continue to "big him up" and all that, but he has to put the product out.

but not so much J.cole, ALLL of RAP MUSIC seems to have a short "shelf life" on the minds of us. never has a Nas album been talked about so little(DR) or S!!! thats waht i mean, i cant think of a recent album ive downloaded or purchased. i dont know...S!!!s wierd

how the hell is Jay electronica gonna drop if J. cole cant? music is gonna go away from signing to record deals i think...straight internet rappers, making money off Views or somethin...man im babbling

He jus' dropped a classic mixtape. "Friday Night Lights".

He's heavy on tour wit' Drizzy. + Who knows he may have a studio on the tour bus, and layin' verses right now as I type.

He'll drop this spring, don't worry NT.

He jus' dropped a classic mixtape. "Friday Night Lights".

He's heavy on tour wit' Drizzy. + Who knows he may have a studio on the tour bus, and layin' verses right now as I type.

He'll drop this spring, don't worry NT.

Yal buggin...he's developed a strong fanbase doing things his own way now all he needs is that mainstream single ala "Black and Yellow" (not a song like that but a song that will have the same effect on him as BnY had on Wiz"

Yal buggin...he's developed a strong fanbase doing things his own way now all he needs is that mainstream single ala "Black and Yellow" (not a song like that but a song that will have the same effect on him as BnY had on Wiz"

this.

they like people "they can relate to"
laugh.gif
not saying j cole broke, but as soon as he starts shining da resentment with his fans will set in ala drake.

this.

they like people "they can relate to"
laugh.gif
not saying j cole broke, but as soon as he starts shining da resentment with his fans will set in ala drake.

I find it odd in the comparison of exposure to the masses, since Wiz hasn't dropped a project in months since O.J. & Kush but instead has been touring and just releasing old songs and some new singles or remixes which I aint mad at (although I'd like another mixtape form him soon) and Cole just recently dropped a tape last month and has been doing shows yet he's the one ppl are asking "Where is this guy?"

Kinda just confirms that homey won't sell even for ppl that might like his music cuz they aint aware and he just can't stay in the spotlight.

I find it odd in the comparison of exposure to the masses, since Wiz hasn't dropped a project in months since O.J. & Kush but instead has been touring and just releasing old songs and some new singles or remixes which I aint mad at (although I'd like another mixtape form him soon) and Cole just recently dropped a tape last month and has been doing shows yet he's the one ppl are asking "Where is this guy?"

Kinda just confirms that homey won't sell even for ppl that might like his music cuz they aint aware and he just can't stay in the spotlight.

You guys are trippin dude has a nice buzz actually. "in the morning" is getting radio play. When i was Vegas this past weekend they were playing "blow up".

You guys are trippin dude has a nice buzz actually. "in the morning" is getting radio play. When i was Vegas this past weekend they were playing "blow up".

To be honest, I'm glad he isn't a sell out as Drake.....well maybe not yet, but still has managed to drop good +%@% without being fully known.

I prefer his music to be played by a couple and that has originality as Friday Night Lights does, rather than his stuff being played out on the radio and artists collaborating and having him feature in every song as Drake.
30t6p3b.gif

To be honest, I'm glad he isn't a sell out as Drake.....well maybe not yet, but still has managed to drop good +%@% without being fully known.

I prefer his music to be played by a couple and that has originality as Friday Night Lights does, rather than his stuff being played out on the radio and artists collaborating and having him feature in every song as Drake.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom