Jaguar F-Type - Based Off of C-X16 (Updated w/ Price = $69k)

I like this new Jag, it looks kind of like the Ferrari California, whats not to like? :pimp:

Last edited:
I prefer the hard top from the concept.

It might come out later on, just like the Cayman coming out later than the Boxster, even this latest generation Porsche 981 has the Cayman version coming out a year after the Boxster.

I like the CX-16 hardtop better, but it is still a nice car. The front does look like a Ferrari California as someone else posted. Something about the front of the car makes the car look like it costs cheaper than it actually is, but looking at the car from the back it looks like an expensive car.

C-X16 Concept
2vd44ex.jpg

I'm in love.

Jaguar has laid down a price tag on its sultry new aluminum-chassis'd convertible, the 2013 F-Type. Buyers looking to bring one of the sports cars home will face down an MSRP of $69,000 (*plus a $875 destination fee). That price tag includes a supercharged 3.0-liter V6 engine good for 340 horsepower mated to an eight-speed ZF paddleshift automatic. Step up to the $81,000* F-Type S, and the same engine serves up an additional 40 horsepower, active exhaust, a mechanical limited-slip differential, uprated brakes and launch control, among other niceties. The extra grunt shoots the convertible to 60 mph in 4.8 seconds (down from 5.1) and increases the roadster's top speed by 10 mph to 171 mph.

If you'd rather have a V8, the Jaguar F-Type V8 S boasts the company's delectable supercharged 5.0-liter V8 and can be had for $92,000 plus delivery. With 495 horses, the top-tier F can click off the 0-60 run in 4.2 seconds on its way to a 182 mph top end. Start saving your pennies. In the meantime, check out the machine's debut video below as well as the full press blast. If you're feeling a bit more masochistic (or a bit better about your finances than we are), you can head over to the Jaguar site to configure your own F-Type.

Damn $69k, really wish Jag offered a NA V6 for a cheaper price to compete with the Boxster/Cayman, Z4, SLK, etc…

^That's what they should be doing. $69K prices Jagaur right out of the market.
I just don't see this car selling well with the new Boxster, Z4, Audi TT, SLK cars available at better price points...and let's not forget about the best bang for buck Corvette.

With XK model not much more expensive, I think that the CX-16 sales are going to be slow.

Damn $69k, really wish Jag offered a NA V6 for a cheaper price to compete with the Boxster/Cayman, Z4, SLK, etc…
69k sounds about right, dealers will probably mark it up another 10 grand. I dont think Jag can make a NA V6 thats potent enough to be mass produced. Especially against the rivals you listed.

A supercharged 3.0L v6 making 340hp sounds decent, however im curious to see how it stacks up against bmws e89 z4 with its n54 engine.

But hell, it sure looks amazing.

I disagree, I think Jag can certainly make a NA V6 at around 250HP, keep in mind the base Boxster/Cayman and Z4 has about that much power and the SLK250 and TT has about 200hp at about $40k-$50k price tag. Even the TT-RS starts at around $58k.

And I beleive the XF is going to get a NA V6 pretty soon that will sell for less than $50k. Fit that same engine on the F-Type and add countless standard features like what they do with the XF and price is at around $55k and they got a winner.

At $69K, they are competing with the SLK55 ($68k) that has an AMG V8 engine and 415HP. They are already under-powered and outranked the 340HP offered in the Supercharged V6 at that price.

Last edited:
370z
Mustang GT500
Camaro ZL1
Challenger SRT8
Exige
Corvette
Kit car
BRZ with mods
Used Ferrari
Posche

So many more to pick then this at 69k before mark up

Why do you guys think this will get a mark-up?
This isn't the GTR or R8 that is just ridiculously powerful (GTR) or incredibly beautiful (and fast - R8).

And you really can't even compare the 370Z, Mustang, Camaro, etc... Don't really want to open a cam of worms but Jag is still part of the luxury segment and best bang for hp should be saved for a different comparison where pure performance is the only thing measured.

I saw this at the DC Auto Show. Beautiful car, but I don't like the rear. For the money the Jag costs, I'd go for a Tesla Model S instead

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom